2004 - 2008 F-150

I dropped the darn seat belt thing inside the piller..now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dropped the darn seat belt thing inside the piller..now what?

I have the seat belts that are connected on the pillers. In the middle of the piller, where the seat belt acually comes out of, theres a small plastic part that goes around the opening which is loose, I went to put my seat belt on, and somehow the seat belt grabbed it and it fell inside the piller on the drivers side!! Gosh darn it!

It's like I didn't need another thing to happen to me! How do I remove the piller? I need to go get that part and put it back in place but I don't know how to take that piller off without breaking it. Any help would be great! I do see a snap it looks like at the very top of the piller, but I couldn't get it to pop out and I noticed the plastic scratches easily and I don't want to take a risk on breaking it since I don't knwo what I'm doing.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't mean to be funny with you, but it seams like when it rain it just pours for you. I don't know how to help except that I hope you luck starts turning around. Good luck.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by TruBluSuperCrew
I don't mean to be funny with you, but it seams like when it rain it just pours for you. I don't know how to help except that I hope you luck starts turning around. Good luck.
It looks to me like you need to update the picture you have of issues wrong with your truck..

Know what, be a pain in the @$$ and have the dealer fix it...warranty if you are still in one.

I just had my dealer replace my chrome tubular step bars because the plastic on top was chipping off...no questions asked, it was replaced.

I have a horse ***** dealer here, and a Great dealer.....when there is space/time available, the Great dealer kicks butt!

Old 03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Man, I would drive straight to the dealer and let them take it apart. Just not worth it, and who knows what the hell will happen to ya next. Think I'll start calling you "blackcloud"...

Papa-my chrome tubes are scratched to hell on the outboard side from just climbing in and out. Were you actually getting chunks off, or heavily scratched? Thx

Old 03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I really didn't think one person could have such bad luck with a vehicle.

Here is a tip- Sell your truck and buy a good pair of shoes!
A lot less to go wrong, and just think about the gas you will save!

Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Banned
I think I have been jinxed! It sucks! I might have to find a dealer that likes me to help me out on this one! lol I didn't want to take it in just since I don't want the dealer to rip anything apart, but I don't want to take a risk on breaking it self though. I have the wrost luck in the world! Who knows whats next, I hope nothing, but with 3,200 miles on my truck now, it sure seems like I have my hole drawer filled up of paper work done to my truck already!

Old 03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by TritonXLT
.. it sure seems like I have my hole drawer filled up of paper work done to my truck already!
Thats the problem, you have a hole in your drawer.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by sacramentojoe
Thats the problem, you have a hole in your drawer.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 PM
There were actually 2 chunks taken out. Same place on both sides. Think the -65 winch chill day we had got the plastic soo cold that it cracked.

Take a hammer after it, then bring it in. Dealer didn't even question it.

Quick Reply: I dropped the darn seat belt thing inside the piller..now what?