2004 - 2008 F-150

Taking my truck to the dealer today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking my truck to the dealer today...

I'm taking it in today. I can't stand my engine fan, it's always going from very high to very low, to stop all the time! Even when it's warmed up! It always sounds like a rolling fan no matter if I drive 50 miles! Guessing a bad bad clutch fan. Secondly, I'm having the guy take a look at what is knocking underneath my truck. When the truck gets hot, I have a heavy knocking sound that gets faster as RPM's rise! I don't think it's normal just due to the fact I have never heard any of the F150's making this noise before.

Well see what they say when I get a call from them. There giving me a F150 XL for a rental car, but it sure beats a Focus or a Taruas like they normally give me!

Old 03-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Good luck with everything. I never like to hear someone has a knocking sound coming from their truck, I hope that its something simple and easy to fix. At least you still have a truck to drive.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don’t beat the crap out of that XL

Old 03-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Re: Taking my truck to the dealer today...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TritonXLT
take a look at what is knocking underneath my truck.

Appears a new noise needs to be added...

Old 03-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Banned
Okay! Listen to this crap! I called my dealer I got the truck from last night to see if I can drop it off and get a rental, which the lady said not a problem. I go in this morning and talked with the service Maneger and told them why I am bringing it in, due to the fan and that knocking sound. They did not even bother looking at my truck for those problems at all! The lady told me that don't want to do "ANYMORE" warrenty work to my truck!!!!!!! She told me that I've been there way to many times for warrenty work within the last 6 months and that dealer has a very big black mark by Ford for people coming back to often for warrenty work!!! She asked if I can go to another dealer!!! Can you believe it?????????? My dealer I brought my truck off of is telling me they won't do any more warrenty work to my truck!!!!!!!! UNREAL!!! I guess that dealer is getting into trouble for having there cars and trucks come back way to often for the same problems over and over and Ford is giving them a Big black mark for there serives which is why they are sending me away since bassically she was giving me the hint that I was one of the costomers which was giving that dealer a black mark!!! SO WHAT!! Fix my G** D***M TRUCK!!!!!!!! She refused!!!!!!!!!

Now I had to make another appontment 2 weeks for now at another dealer 15 miles away VS 2 miles away from the dealer that told me off!! What the heck do I do now???? This is not right at all and I am so pissed off!! I was told to come in today and will get a rental truck and when I came into I got my *** chewed out bassically!!! WTF!

This makes me want to drive my truck right through there wall of that dealer and have them keep the *******ing truck and buy somewhere else! I can't believe I paid that dealer 37K total and have them kick me out of there and have them tell me they won't do anymore work to my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2005, 11:02 AM
dude just take it to another dealer. i dont know what to tell you really you have a knocking sound. i got like 30 of them and its a truck i deal with it

Old 03-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Re: Taking my truck to the dealer today...

Maybe you need to try the Lemon law thing that you guys in the states have. You seem to be having way more than the normal amount of problems than most of us ever have had.
Trev

Last edited by 1 KRAZY KANUCK; 03-04-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 AM
and your door handle warranty is voided b/c of the covers

Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Banned
well what the heck?? A dealer should never tell you NO! Thats so not right! Believe me, this is not the last time they will hear from me! I will be getting in contact with Ford themselfs! Don't ever tell me they won't do anymore work to my truck! This is war now!

Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 AM
When you go to the other dealership, walk in and put the picture of your truck with all the problems on the table in front of the service guy. Don't say a word, just put it down with your keys and look at him in a pissed off way.

I would love to see the look on his face.

Last edited by 04SCREW98COBRA; 03-04-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
That really sucks that they treat you that way. They send you away cuz their mechanics are bad, don't get rid of the bad customer, get a new service department!!!

I once saw a new pickup parked infront of the sales dept for a few days at different times with a brightly painted plywood sign mounted high in the bed dissing the service department, -it did a good job of catching peoples attention!

Good luck, and I hope the dealer gets theirs in the end!

Old 03-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned
Originally posted by 04SCREW98COBRA
When you go to the other dealership, walk in and put the picture of your truck with all the problems on the table in front of the service guy. Don't say a word, just put it down with your keys and look at him in a pissed off way.

I would love to see the look on his face.

LOL I don't think I would be able to hold a straight face for to long! If I did, they would kick me out of that dealer too!!

Dealerships don't like me to much (I don't know why)

Old 03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I have a suggestion....

Next time you are driving your truck, and all the little noises start to make you nuts....

TURN UP THE VOLUME ON THE RADIO !!!!!!

Old 03-04-2005, 01:37 PM
If it were me (I'm a little disturbed) I would tell them that unless they fix the truck that they sold you, you are going to lemon law the truck OR paint a giant sign about your truck being a lemon and park it across the street from the dealership every weekend.

I think they'll work on it again.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Get hold of someone at Ford, I'm sure somebody here can give you a phone number, and tell them your dealer refused to honor the warranty. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Also, why wait two weeks for an appointment, can't you just drop it off. I know my dealer prefers appointments but I can drive on in whenever I feel like it.

GOOD LUCK.

Quick Reply: Taking my truck to the dealer today...