2004 - 2008 F-150

Shudder on take off(In turn)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Triton, mine started to shutter at take off at 7,100 miles, im taking it to Ford tomorrow for that and a couple of other things, to get the pad thing removed behind the tail light, and to get the front brakes looked at, i can really feel the wheel when applying the brake.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by TritonXLT
I don't get this?? You guys have a problem with your clutch packs, they are NOT supppose to Shudder around turns or from a stop! I wouldn't try and fix it myself with friction crap. Ford knows theres a problem and they will fix it, thats why there is a TSB out for it! Take it to your dealer like I did and have them replace your clutch packs, then it's smooth as glass always!! Take adventage of that warrenty since you do have a problem.

Hasen't there been a few guys on here saying their fuel mileage went to crap after their dealer's worked on their rears??

Rocky is right. Cut a few figure 8's in a parking lot to loosen them up.. Ones thing for sure... If you have the problem you'll hear/feel it when you do this..

Old 02-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Would you please help me try to figure the poor MPG problem. What I need to know is that any of you that have the rear shudder problem, What kind of MPG do you get? Mine has the LS and has a shudder and its getting around 11-12mpg. The last truck I had wasn't LS and it averaged 16-17mpg. I have a feeling this is related. I felt my rearend after a long drive and it was hot, just about 5 degrees from being too hot to touch.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, I just got my truck back after being in the shop for the shudder, gas door and throttle lag.

The dealership replaced the clutch packs, dropped the drive shaft and greased it up. It just made the problem worse. Now everytime I start off from a stop. The truck feels like it tugs twice and then starts moving.

Has anyone else had any issues with their LSD after the clutch packs were replaced?

Old 03-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm just gonna get me a spool. Limited slips are for wussies.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JRodSVT
Well, I just got my truck back after being in the shop for the shudder, gas door and throttle lag.

The dealership replaced the clutch packs, dropped the drive shaft and greased it up. It just made the problem worse. Now everytime I start off from a stop. The truck feels like it tugs twice and then starts moving.

Has anyone else had any issues with their LSD after the clutch packs were replaced?
Yes! They then replaced everything in the rear end to correct the problem. Now if the very slight whine would go away.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
I had my clutch packs replaced yesterday, The truck is smooth as silk now. Thanks goodness for warrenty.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by bdmcdonald
I had my clutch packs replaced yesterday, The truck is smooth as silk now. Thanks goodness for warrenty.
Did you have poor mpg before and any change after? Thanks!

Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by jwlionking
Did you have poor mpg before and any change after? Thanks!
this was just discussed earlier this week:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=187969

Old 01-17-2007, 12:07 AM
what happens if this doesn't get fixed?

Quick Reply: Shudder on take off(In turn)