2004 - 2008 F-150

first post

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking first post

So I have been watching these forums for the last few weeks as I awaited my truck.. Picked it up on the 13th (my birthday) I drove 2 hours for a pretty good deal. I paid 23,300 with aftermarket leather added... Just thought I would say hey and thanks to everyone that has told me what to look for in the new truck.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Welcome aboard, this place has tons of great info. and cool people that will help with anything they can..

Now bring on the NANERS

Old 07-16-2004, 01:29 AM
I see the nanners are popular... I didn't post what I got for the 23.3k...an '04 SCREW with leather XLT package... all of 300 miles on it... You're right it does have a lot of info... I've read alot on the vibration issue... on the AUX input on the radio that there is, as of late, no harness for (unfortunately)... and tons of other stuff... I hope to be a regular here... seems like a great group of people... I came from a wrangler community where everyone was awesome and we waived to each other on the road regardless if we knew each other or not... Don't think its the same environment but still a bunch of great people none the less... Anyone put in any aftermarket In dash decks?... I don't have the audiophile stuff so ultimately what I want to do is put a nice in dash dvd drive up front... with lcd's in the visors and headrests... OR build a mini ITX box and put it under the seat and run either windows media center edition or some other front end to access mp3's... or divx movies.... anyway let me know if you've had success and let me know of a pricetag... the girlfriend has me on a budget

Old 07-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by badger79
...the girlfriend has me on a budget
Whipped!

Sounds like you got a deal, congrats!

Old 07-16-2004, 01:34 AM
whipped doesn't describe it... she's excited about the truck though

Old 07-16-2004, 02:08 AM
whipped doesn't describe it... she's excited about the truck though
Did you break it in yet...

Old 07-16-2004, 02:10 AM
Haven't gotten the opportunity.. lots of birthday parties... trips with the kid and such.. i'll give it a couple of days to break it in... don't want to stain the new leather just yet

Trending Topics

Old 07-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Welcome!

If I ever see 'ya on the road, I'll wave to you! You could also use some more 'nanners!

Old 07-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: first post

So I have been watching these forums for the last few weeks as I awaited my truck.. Picked it up on the 13th (my birthday) I drove 2 hours for a pretty good deal. I paid 23,300 with aftermarket leather added... Just thought I would say hey and thanks to everyone that has told me what to look for in the new truck.
Welcome to the forums badger79, we're glad to have you aboard and participating.

Oh yeah, good luck on 'breaking it in' too. HA!

RP

Old 07-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dzervit
Welcome!

If I ever see 'ya on the road, I'll wave to you!
W E L C O M E badger79 When ya gonna get ya a photo gallery setup?

Oklahoma is REAL close to TX DZervIt......you'd have to get pretty close to TX to wave at him.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Greetings!

I just got here myself.

Here's a Christmas nanner for you....

:santa: :santa:

Last edited by SOCRATES; 07-16-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:41 AM
sounds like a nice rig, congrats and in the grand tradition here are some of those freakin nanners...

Old 07-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Great to see all the support here... seems like it might be a tighter knit group than i thought... That's awesome... I'll have pictures up soon... I have to find my digital camera... I'm thinking the kid may have hidden it or my girlfriend loaned it to someone... anyone build one of those mini-itx computers and put it in their truck yet?

Nanners

Old 07-16-2004, 11:05 AM
anyone build one of those mini-itx computers and put it in their truck yet?
I'm waiting to see what drivesoft comes up with. Their website is iffy right now, but it looks like their program has potential. I'm thinking of a 'lil PC w/o a hard drive. A couple 1GB compact flash cards to hold the o/s and other goodies.. then just use my iPod for my MP3s... check it out.. http://www.drivesoft.net/index.html

I wonder how big of a touchscreen I can wedge in the dash and still have the stock look?

Old 07-16-2004, 11:20 AM
depends on where in the dash you wanna put it and if you want one of those HU's that have them slide out... drive softs software is okay... but I've been looking at Windows MediaCenter edition... you can't buy it but if you have someone with access to MSDN then you can pick it up there to tinker with... or there is free software here...

http://www.mp3car.com/software.php

So far Media Engine and AMaNDA look like the more advanced peices of software... I was thinking of doing visor LCD's and then getting some LCD's that just clamp onto the headrest supports... You can get LCD's and build a mini itx box alot cheaper than the 1500 you'll pay for an OEM overhead dvd player... and you'll be able to play divx

Quick Reply: first post