2004 - 2008 F-150

first post

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome fellow XLT owner...

Here's a and remember the is not a toy, use it responsibily.............

Old 07-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by anaheim
Here's a and remember the is not a toy, use it responsibily...
My 'nanners have run amuck.

Old 07-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by dzervit
My 'nanners have run amuck.

LOL --

Old 07-16-2004, 02:40 PM
well now we all know why dzervit can use so many nanners, his are breeding like rabbits.

Old 07-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm actually building a mini ITX system for my truck right now. All I have in my posession is a 7"Lilliput Touch Screen LCD, it fits in the stock head unit location, but you have to remove the Airbag light at the top. I'm going to pick up my ABS plastic so I can start to make a custom mount. I'm doing this project slowly, but hopefully I'll have it done in the next few weeks, I'm waiting for payday to buy computer parts.

Old 07-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Where do you plan on mounting the box at?...I was thinking under the drivers seat... They have alot of nice things for mobile computing... I suppose if you just put an LCD (touch or otherwise) in the dash... and run a usb cable to the box under the seat you could easily go without a head unit because this would play mp3's... divx... even throw in an FM tuner... an even cheaper solution might be to just get a regular LCD and get an RF remote to control everything... anyway... I've done quite a bit of research on the topic its just a matter of convincing the girlfriend to budget it for me... Keep us posted on what you get... also if you wait they're making nano ITX boards that run at 1ghz which are something like 4inches by 4 inches... anyway keep us posted and have fun putting it in..

Old 07-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by fatman66
congrats and in the grand tradition here are some of those freakin nanners...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

what he said x 2 :
good luck with the electronics wizardry

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4362

Old 07-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by badger79
Where do you plan on mounting the box at?...I was thinking under the drivers seat... They have alot of nice things for mobile computing... I suppose if you just put an LCD (touch or otherwise) in the dash... and run a usb cable to the box under the seat you could easily go without a head unit because this would play mp3's... divx... even throw in an FM tuner... an even cheaper solution might be to just get a regular LCD and get an RF remote to control everything... anyway... I've done quite a bit of research on the topic its just a matter of convincing the girlfriend to budget it for me... Keep us posted on what you get... also if you wait they're making nano ITX boards that run at 1ghz which are something like 4inches by 4 inches... anyway keep us posted and have fun putting it in..
The Lilliput came with a wireless remote, and I am going to add an FM tuner. Mounting location I'm still not sure on, either under the passenger seat or behind the dash
we'll see. I've got some sweet plans.

Old 07-17-2004, 05:35 PM
bump

Quick Reply: first post