2004 - 2008 F-150

and now back to the vibration...........

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question and now back to the vibration...........

sorry to bring this subject up again, but i am wondering if anyone that has had this problem has actually had it fixed. my truck has been in 7 times and has had everything done from the TSB. i have even been told that all the f150's on the dealers lot have some sort of vibration. i have been told ford is working on the problem. i am getting tired of waiting for a fix and thinking about taking it to the dispute settlement board. but i think i will wait another month before i procede any further. i just want to see if any of you with the problem have had it fixed. it is impossible for me to believe that every truck has a vibration, if that was the case ford would have a lot of bad publicity by now......

Old 06-25-2004, 09:23 PM
I have been waiting 4 weeks so far for a driveshaft! I was told they were on Back order! must be hurting Ford since they can't produce driveshafts and not be able to finish building any trucks!Whole lot of truck with no drive shafts sitting in Detroit i guess!

Old 06-25-2004, 09:57 PM
as far as the driveshaft goes i have already had 2 put in. one they had at the dealer, the other they had to order and it took about a month. needless to say it didn't help.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Benb

You have described my situtuation perfectly, I also am just waiting to see if they come out with a real fix. That vibration dampener is a joke. Drive shaft helped a little. I can't believe that ford doesn't know exactly what the problem is yet. Don't know what to do either. There has to be a fix for it

Old 06-26-2004, 06:13 AM
mine's still'a shakin

Old 06-26-2004, 06:33 AM
I can't believe ALL of the trucks on that lot are shaking. Mine is very smooth as far as I'm concerned. I don't notice anything unusual.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My truck had vibration when I bought it 10-24-03. It came equipped with BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A P265/60R18 tires. One of the front tires was bad it had excessive road force. Ford replaced that tire at about 1,000 miles. The vibration was very slight. I mention to the service advisor when I was at the dealership picking up touch up paint they had ordered for me. He test drove it and said he didn’t notice any vibration, like I said it was very slight, but said if I have time now he would have a technician check it out. Since I was already there, I said go for it. Approximately an hour later, they told me I had a bad tire and they would order one for me and it probably would take a few days to get it in. Four days later, the tire was available and Ford changed it out. The truck is the smoothest riding, quietest truck, I’ve have ever owned. I hope everyone with a vibration problem gets it straightened out quick and hassle free so you can enjoy your new truck to the max.

Old 06-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I took my 04 FX4 Screw to the dealer last week and they heard the dreaded 'howl" and felt a slight vibration. They inserted a "shim" to the rear and that did fix the howling. The vibration is still there. Ford has recommended to replace the rear housing and install the dampner. Personally I don't think Ford has a fix for the vibration, however I could be wrong....We wil see this week. More to come.......

Ron

Old 06-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Question common denominator

Why are some people having so much trouble with the rear end and others are not? Is it the build date? Are the problems limited to a specific gear ratio? Do the problems affect the L/S and the open rear equally? Maybe the assembly plant? You would think there has to be some common denominator, you could narrow it down to, that would explain why some are unaffected and others have problems.

Old 06-26-2004, 05:57 PM
good question, I would tend to agree with you on that one. Is there a way we can put something together with more variables to see if we could narrow it down.

I suggest:

Gears
L/S
Build date
Plant Location
and maybe wheel size

If none of those make a differance then it has to be a common part that is poorly made attributing to several other problems. IE bad driveshafts that end up damaging the rearend to the point the wholde thing has to be replaced and the minor fixes they do first only barely fix the problem while letting the root of it all continue to do more damage until it is all shot to hell, or causing the vibration.

Old 06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Question

Does anyone know exactly what is wrong with the drive shafts Ford has been replacing? The obvious reason is it’s out of balance, but why? Is the problem with the yoke or the drive shaft itself? I don’t see where an out of balance drive shaft could ruin the rear end in such a short time either, because all the posts I’ve read about this (drive shaft & rear end complaints) seems to be very low mileage, some less than 1,000 miles.

Old 06-26-2004, 07:53 PM
I am not sure but I also know we bought an armored vehicle for work (F-550), had have to replace the drive shaft on that also and it has less than 1k miles as well.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:44 AM
The Dispute Settlement Board can fix it. They can make Ford buy back the truck.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:11 PM
I know the Dispute Settlement Board is one way to go and I already have enough to do the Lemon Law but I want an F150. I looked at a Dodge quad cab and the exterior styling is okay, but the interior is cheap. Going from a Lariat to a Dodge is like going from a Cadillac to a Yugo. We will see what happens another call is being placed to Ford before I go the Dispute Settlement Route.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Has anyone tryed going to the dispute board yet?

Quick Reply: and now back to the vibration...........