2004 - 2008 F-150

So what did Guigster's FX4 get for it's 6-month birthday?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Guigster, that's a dandy. I bet your looking at $1,000 to get that fixed. Have you seen any estimates yet?

Just before I got my new truck, was sitting in my truck at Wal-Mart listening to a conversation on the radio when I was hit. Took a look in the review mirror and a chick had about 30 carts all lined up and one had got away from here. She was maybee 16 years old. When I popped out of the truck she about crapped her pants. Went inside and had a talk with the manager and they had the whole thing on tape from the security camera. I never proceeded but they would have paid for it to be fixed.

Got my new truck home the first night and a frikkin cat tried jumping up on the hood. Came out the next morning to find a foot long scratch down the hood that is still there today. Sucks taking care of a new ride and loosing.

I regards to paintless dent repair, General rule is if the ding is larger than a quarter they will not get it perfect, but close. I personaly would rather have it done right by re-painting especialy if the dent is on a large flat panel. Those guy's used to come by every now and then at the insurance company's request.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Guigster,

the bus only scratched against the back bumper. It would have been about $300 to replace (my deductable is $350) and my dad was able to get the bus's paint off so I just left it. It's barely noticeable now.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Sticker Steve
I bet your looking at $1,000 to get that fixed. Have you seen any estimates yet?
I hope you're joking. It can't be done by a dent puller. Door and bed are slightly scratched and indented as well. It must be fixed properly or else I'll be pi$$ed off for the life of the truck. I'll only be pi$$ed for a few days if I pay for it to be fixed right.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:19 AM
I feel your pain Guigster. I had less than 1,000 miles on my truck when some skank biotch backed out of her parking spot and hit my truck and LEFT. I came out of the bank I was in and someone told me about it. I saw this bitch at the atm and she even looked at me. Nobody got the license number, but I remembered what she was driving and they told me what way she went. I chased her down and got her plate number and called the police. Since I had no witnesses (didn't think at that moment) it became a he said she said thing and nothing happened. Fortunately, there wasn't a lot of damage done.........near none. But, Like you said, it's the point the inconsiderate bitch left.

I hope it works out for you.

TJ

Old 05-11-2004, 10:46 AM
$834.89. Ugh.

Quick Reply: So what did Guigster's FX4 get for it's 6-month birthday?