2004 - 2008 F-150

I just used Lexol Leather contitioner, my impression

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just used Lexol Leather contitioner, my impression

well its not hard to figure out what is leather and what is vinyl, the leather in the bolster went kinda tacky, guess where the leather absorbed the conditioner, the vinyl just went shinny. But now I lost the slippery fell to the bolster that i had from the day i bought the truck. Not sure if i like this conditioner or not, maybe armour-all is a better product for the leather in these trucks, well, there are only like 8 patches of leather in the whole truck, 9 if you count the steering whell, alot of money for vinyl in my opinion.

Old 04-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi mxz600,

When using the Lexol, be sure to wipe off any excess well, after allowing it to sit for a few minutes. You should notice the tackiness go away over the next day or so. The conditioner will help the leather get more soft and supple over time.
If the Lexol doesn't "float your boat", at least there are a bunch of other leather conditioners out there to choose from.

On the front seats, the bolsters, seat bottoms, and seat back (all of the surfaces that touch your body while your sitting) are leather...so there is a bunch in the front. For the rear seats, it is just leather for the seat "inserts".
The vinyl Ford is using seems to hold up well...I actually think that it would have been better to just go with all vinyl in the back seats instead of mostly vinyl and some leather. That way the back seat bench would be a little easier to care for and maintain.

Just my .02.

Take care,

Old 04-18-2004, 05:52 PM
well you got a lariat supercrew, i got an FX4 Scab, so like i said 8 pieces in the front, the head rests are vinyl, the inserts in the center of the seats with the zillion holes in it, are vinyl, all the back seats are vinyl, the sides of the seats and the all the backside of the front captins are vinyl, the only parts leather in my truck are the pieces directly around the center insert.... so thats 6 pieces on each seat, so the count is 12 plus the steering wheel, my mistake.

p.s. NO LEATHER IN THE BACK SEAT!

Old 04-18-2004, 06:16 PM
mxz600,

Thanks for the clarification. I understand your frustration as far as the front seats go. It stinks to have to maintain such a small amount of leather.

Like I said in my prior post, all vinyl in the back seat isn't necessarily a bad thing.

John

Old 04-18-2004, 06:50 PM
leather interior

so guys ,whats a good product to use to both leather/vinyl, anything i have tried so far just makes a mess. and pi$$es me off

Old 04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
well from the application today, it looks as though vinyl doesn't absorb the conditioner like the leather did, but i don't think vinyl absorbs anything. Its kinda like plastic, the leather conditioner worked to make it a little shinnier but with the price i payd for the conditioner (1L bottle, imported from the US, plus rip-off customs) i will be doing the back seats with some vinyl wipe crap like armour all or eagle1.

Old 04-18-2004, 10:39 PM
In your neck of the world how about Krown products?

Screwdrive

Trending Topics

Old 04-19-2004, 11:18 AM
only Krown products i know of are rust check/proofing applications.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Apologies. I thought they had a full line of vehicle care products.

Screwdrive

Old 04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Griots Interior Cleaner and Leather Care.

Interior Cleaner is great for getting the blue jean color off the drivers side bolster.

When nothing but the best will do...

http://www.griotsgarage.com

Old 04-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Well, I used Pinnacle Leather conditioner and it works great. I started using it on my vette a few years ago. The leather has stayed soft and it isn´t greasy at all. Plus it has a ph that doesn´t affect the stitching in the seats. Try it out. There are several sites on the web that sell it. The link for the one I use is on my computer at home and I can post it for any who might want it later.

Old 04-19-2004, 05:35 PM
I've never been a fan of any "wipes" products but while I was at Target the other day they had Meguires Gold Class Leather Wipes ($4.00) marked wrong at $0.87 so I took advantage of their mistake and bought some. I used it all over all of the seats, leather and vinyl. It seemed to work pretty well (to my surprise). Obviously its very easy and convienient and seemed to leave everything with a soft smooth finish and clean the easier to remove dirt from the seat (not the blue jeaned bolster though). For real cleanings I will probably get a better two step cleaning and conditioner but these will work for quick touch ups.

Quick Reply: I just used Lexol Leather contitioner, my impression