2004 - 2008 F-150

Borla #140087 Dual Rear Exit (SCrew/SCab)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"did you have to do anything once you put the pipes on for the computer like you would with changing the intake?" ... nope

I was under the impression that nothing needed to be done. Hmmm? grayflare, YellowFX4SCrew, zoltan??? Care to comment?

Old 04-09-2004, 12:38 AM
On the Borla web site they say it can take 600-800 miles for the on board ECU using its Fuzzy Logic to take account of the better flow characteristics. So it reprograms itself.

Rick.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Just thought I'd provide a little update. I've had the Borla setup on my ride for 11 years now ... yep, still driving it. I noticed it just didn't sound right the other week and quickly found that the weld on the passenger side hanger had broken away from the tailpipe and left a $0.50 cent sized hole. Remember that 1,000,000 mile warranty along with the system being made of T-304 stainless steel? Well, it's certainly lasted a long time. I wasn't really sure what Borla might say about the warranty at this point but I emailed them and was quickly contacted by a rep about the issue. Being that I'd purchased it from an online only (?) seller via ebay, I wasn't sure if they'd work with me (since it wasn't from some authorized dealer that I knew of). No problem. The rep said that it'd be hard to just replace the one side. He also said that this 140087 model is obsolete since it was only made for 2004 models built before June 2004. Their warehouse in TN had x2 in stock ... so he shipped a complete setup to me FedEx. It arrived in three (3) days and is now awaiting me to once again get my hands dirty. Borla -- great product and awesome customer service! I'd consider having a local shop somehow patch my current setup so that I could then sell the new one ... but I have a feeling that my market is a bit small with that short build date requirement from over a decade ago. Either way -- all good.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice! I love seeing someone come back after many years to review a product.

That could easily be patched and reinstalled on another truck no problems. You could sell it for $200 I bet. Glad to hear Borla stands behind their customer service!

Quick Reply: Borla #140087 Dual Rear Exit (SCrew/SCab)