TSB for hesitation yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB for hesitation yet?

TIA

Old 03-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I gotta call my service guy on this and bug him again.
This flaw nearly got me into an accident the other day, the delay was a full 1.5 secs and at a very bad time. They gotta fix this!

Old 03-24-2004, 05:13 AM
There is not and won't ever be a TSB for hesitation. It's a non-issue.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:51 AM
From another post

I posted in another thread, but still related:

Do you guys notice that the tranny is a bit hesitant to bump out of O/D and into a lower gear. It seems that it takes a fairly substantially jab on the gas to get it to actually start accelerating and not choking in O/D on hills or while trying to pass.

Maybe it's partly due to the drive-by-wire, not sure. Seems that by the time I give it enough gas to get it to change gears, the engine finally catches up and it instantly takes off. Doesn't seem to be an inbetween.

- Justin

Old 03-24-2004, 09:08 AM
We may be forced to change the way we drive. It seems to work better if you just ease into acceleration unless you just push it to the floor. Pushing it to the floor seems to kick in the delay that everyone talks about and I've found I get down the road just fine without doing that. That must be for the more aggressive drivers.

Old 03-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I took my truck into the shop yesterday. I wanted them to look at the 40-60 mph vibration and the rear end hesitation going from a stop.

I grabbed the tech and had him go with me prior to dropping it off 'cause I wanted to make sure he felt the problem as well.

Well, to start the morning off, my truck has reverse sensors. He backs my truck up and the commenses to push a drop-in Ford bedliner across the parking lot totally ignoring the reverse sensors going "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". Got out and looked and the hitch caught the bedliner and pushed it. No paint damage thank goodness.

Anyway, he felt the vibration right at 52. It is very noticeable going up a hill when the truck is under load. Then I had him enter a parking lot and stop. Had him turn the wheel all the way left and go. That made the hesitation appear everytime.

Well, they called back last night and said they need to keep the truck overnight.

The vibration is still there they said but a lot less. The tires were not balanced properly from the factory. They balanced them and they were off by about 6 lbs.

As far as the hesitation, they are putting in a clutch pack today in hopes that that will take care of the problem.

(At least they didn't tell me that nothing was wrong and that is the way the truck is)

I will keep you informed on the results when I get the truck back tonight.

Old 03-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Tires out of balance 6lbs???? Maybe they meant 6oz and 6oz is a heck of a lot of weight to be off.

Screwdrive

Old 03-25-2004, 10:31 PM
"There is not and won't ever be a TSB for hesitation. It's a non-issue."

maybe if you're used to driving crap **** american cars it's a non-issue. i'm not, so it is.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:35 PM
try this thread for info. fixed mine right up. good luck.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=148769

Old 03-25-2004, 10:58 PM
maybe if you're used to driving crap **** american cars it's a non-issue. i'm not, so it is.
What is this "crap ****"? .... Must mean, I drive a Yugo.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:38 AM
There haven't been too many trolls around lately.....

I guess nothing good lasts forever.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:14 AM
rtremaine, thanks but you didn't mention the hesitation upon full throttle in your post. are you saying you had it and it was fixed by this TSB? tia

"What is this "crap ****"? .... Must mean, I drive a Yugo."

we consider our SC 4x4 lariat as my "beater" from a cost standpoint relative to the rest of the garage. actually the truck sits out in the driveway.

Last edited by benkea; 03-26-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:40 AM
We're impressed....

Old 03-26-2004, 04:47 PM
after the pcm was reprogrammed the throttle "response" seemed to be better or "quicker" to me. however I did'nt consider it to be an issue that required specific attention. Addtionally i realize that the drive by wire technology is new with respect to automobiles and that the manufacturer is bound to have updates and changes
available as they ( Ford ) gather more feedback in terms of customer expectations of the new system. oh yeah and I already have a fast car or two, so it was no big deal. All that said, the pcm update improved the driveability of my truck significantly.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
thanks for the clarification rtremaine. we have other cars with drive by wire (one of which is 3+ years old) and none of them have the systematic hesitation found in each and every 04 5.4L F150. i would definetely think the fix is an ECU flash, and am encouraged by your post that maybe they have it ready. when you hammer the accelerator, do you have any hesitation now? is yours a 5.4L? TIA

Quick Reply: TSB for hesitation yet?