2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone Else's Tuck Like To Poot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Else's Truck Like To Poot?

This was touched on a little in a thread I started about another issue, and I wanted to know if anyone has nailed it down.

My '04 XLT 4X4 has started making a weird noise when I first get going in the morning. It almost sounds like a cell phone on vibrate left on a counter (it has also been described as a fart, which is exactly what it sounds like). Mine only does it once a day, and it is after sitting all night. It doesn't matter if it is 15 degrees outside, or 70 degrees, if I let it warm up, or not. It never fails. Once I put it into gear and roll about 8', it gives a little "prrrrrr---t". I think it is funny. I meant to start a thread on it earlier but didn't think anyone would believe me.

Has anyone had this problem and had it diagnosed???

Last edited by TUFF FORD; 01-21-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Has anyone had this problem and NOT had it diagnosed?

Old 01-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Is that noise coming from under the drivers seat?

Old 01-21-2004, 07:40 PM
I recently heard something similar coming from (of all places) the rear of the truck. It was really cold, I had 2 other guys with me, and it only happened while in reverse. Sounded like I was backing over a whale. I've heard the noise once or twice since though not as loud, and eventually, it went away.

Any ideas???

Old 01-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I don't know. For some reason I think it is coming from over near the glove box. I can't quite nail it down. I have even started leaving the driveway with all of the windows down and my drivers side door open so I can listen for it. My neighbors think I am on crack because it is 30 degrees or less outside right now.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by TUFF FORD
My neighbors think I am on crack because it is 30 degrees or less outside right now.
Sheesh...It's 14F and dropping. Oh, what I'd give for 30 degrees....

Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I was at the Cape during Christmas week. It was like 56 degrees. I guess I brought the California weather with me.

Maybe you pay for my flight and boarding and I'll thaw you out.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
I've heard a similiar noise but, as usual, I blamed the family dog.

Old 01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
tcf
TUFF FORD

it has also been described as a fart, which is exactly what it sounds like
As for the fart I'm still trying to pin point the sound. I had my son listen and he heard it inside the truck near the pedals. Then I had him stand outside as I eased the gas pedal and he could not hear it. When I left work today I started the truck and pulled out of the parking lot stopping for a few stop signs and then a red light. While stopped for the red light it started to make that noise and I had my foot on the brake pedal. This is very puzzling. The truck only has 1350 mi. on it.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:40 AM
probably the climate air dampner vent doors receiving initial vacuum upon startup

Old 01-22-2004, 09:18 AM
How does the truck make its vaccuum? Is it an electric pump?

Old 09-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Talk about a old thread has anyone found out where this noise "pooting" is coming from? It does it everytime I pull away from a dead stop. Was funny at first but is getting louder and more annoying. Also when I am at a stop with my foot on the brake it sounds as if there is a pump like a windsheild washer pump with no fluid noise that comes from the same area as the pooting sound. Any ideas.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Mine did that from time to time. Come to find out, where the air intake meets the fender well had come lose. I think every time i stepped on the gas, the engine torqued and the air intake rubbed the inside of the engine bay. Check to make sure this connection has not come lose. I reattached mine, and no more noise.

Old 09-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Pops had a Suburban that did this. It was the ABS system setting itself up for the day's work. I suspect its something similar ... but I don't hear it on my truck. Then again, I don't hear the 'loud' injectors, piston slap, rail chatter, tire noise, fuel pump, water pump, kanuter valve and whatever the hell other folks whine about.

Why the hell did we dig up this 'ol thread?! Somebody actually used the search function?! *SNIFF SNIFF* I'm so proud... no reposts!

Old 09-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Yep D i actually used the search thread. I searched under "fart" and there were 33 some pages that had the word fart in it I actually dug up the thread to get a idea why the truck would make this "pooting" sound when I would excelerate form a dead stop. As far as whining comment I dont whine I have a legit problem with a truck that makes a sound similar to a farting noise when I pull away from a stop sign. I used the search feature so as not to repost and wanted to see if there was a cause to the problem. Is this a big problem no but one I would prefer to not live with. At least I dont go and pout when I get yelled at by a moderator for creating more than one account

Quick Reply: Anyone Else's Tuck Like To Poot?