2004 - 2008 F-150

Just Drove One/ My review

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Drove One/ My review

Local dealer let me drive a white lariat supercab 2wd today. First of all I'm brand loyal to Ford when it comes to trucks/suv's, so my review may be a little biased.

Exterior: solid white with 18" wheels and white letter tires. It looked kinda plain, but looks alot bolder and tough!

Interior: Tan catpain chairs with flow thru console, wood grain dash. I really love the rear a/c vents on the back of the center console. There are two of them with a 12v plug in the middle. The wood grain is pretty if you like that sort of thing. Seats were very comfortable and everything is in good reach of the driver. I like the radio and a/c controls in the steering wheel. The back seat leg room seems almost the same as the '03, but it's more comfortable. I'm 5'9" so I can ride back there OK, I guess. The interior door handles are chrome and are very nice too.

Performance: The truck rides soooooo good you will have to see for yourself. It drives so good also, it's so smooth I would say ride and drive are incredible. I did test the new 5.4 a good bit and the seat of the pants feel is a little disappointing. When I got down on it the speedometer really moved well. I think the truck is so smooth, you really can't feel the acceleration 100% The brakes worked extremely well also. I really liked it alot, but I'm not sure I would rush out tomorrow to buy one. The sticker on this one was 32,000. The options were towing, captain chairs with leather,18" wheels and 6 disc cd player. I didn't even listen to the radio, so no report there. I really want to see a two-tone flareside before I make my final decision. When you get a chance to drive one do it asap. I think the truck will be a winner for Ford

Old 08-13-2003, 02:19 PM
I forgot to mention, this dealer has 3 '04 F-150 and they are selling them to the public now!!!

Old 08-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Which dealer is that Mikey? I live in BR but no one here seems to have gotten one in yet. I would love to go check them out. Thanks......

Old 08-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Audubon Ford.

Old 08-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Mikey88:

I was at Audubon on Sunday, no 04 F150's. Finally got a salesman to respond on Tuesday, he said they would not have one on the ground until Sept 1. Not trying to dispute your report, but it just goes to show that some of these guys might be better suited to selling Tupperware. I will definately call him back and let him know he is out of the loop.

Old 08-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Thats what some say about the Lightning and HD F150. Not so much they FEEL fast, but when you look at the speedometer, yer movin!

Old 08-13-2003, 05:54 PM
I saw 2 new 150s at the iowa fair and as much as I hate to say it I think they have the lines of a cinder block. I also thought the seating style is blocky. The model with the console looks like it crowds the driver and passenger. I sure hope they don't throw on a bunch of plastic cladding and call it a rock slide

Old 08-13-2003, 06:36 PM
To the guys from the BR area, I also saw two truckloads of 04 f-150 on delivery trucks at the railyard in Port Allen by the new bridge. djwebester, they have them. If you want the salesman's name that let me drive it email me at mac3307@yahoo.com and I'll give it to you that way. I really think the truck is pretty fast, but it's so smooth you just can't feel it. Honestly, my '03 f-250 supercab with 5.4 feels just fast, but I bet it is not!!! I really didn't get on it and hold it long, but it was pulling good thru 2nd gear.

Quick Reply: Just Drove One/ My review