2004 - 2008 F-150

I sat in one at my local dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sat in one at my local dealership

Hey all, I've been checking out these forums for a couple months now but this is my first post. Anyways, my dealership (Future Ford in Roseville, CA) has ONE. They said I could go in and test drive it and check it out so I ran down there. Based on my location, it takes me 45 minutes to drive there. It was a fully loaded red SCrew Lariat. VERY NICE!!! As I was salivating at the chance to drive it they tell me "You can't drive it due to insurance purposes because it's not actually under our name. But I can drive you around in it." Pffffffff. I just about lost it!! Needless to say, I will not be buying mine from THAT dealership. Anyways, about the truck. Everything on it was awesome with the exception of 2 things.

1. The tailgate looks funny. It is abnormally large and the only thing that is on there is that HUGE Ford logo. I think the tailgate just looks larger because it is very plain. But I can live with it. (besides, the tailgate assist works GREAT! Very easy to open and close.)

2. The back seats no longer fold forward. They now fold up which would be okay if it wasn't for that HUGE black plastic thing which I assume is to support the back seat when people sit on it. It takes up all the room so there is NOT ANY flat space whatsoever. You would only be able to put awkward shaped things in there. I didn't like that at all. They really should have done something differently.

Other than that, it was a really cool truck and looked bigger than the 2003. More of a "manly" truck. Don't know how many people have actually seen one at their dealership, but I figured I'd share my experience with you all just in case you haven't seen one yet and to give you an idea of what to expect.

If anybody has any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

Last edited by BigJim; 08-06-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:13 PM
i bet that black thing is the audiophile subwoofer. According to the service manual, thats where its located.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:06 AM
BigJim

How was the leg room with the flow-thru console & shifter on the floor?

Old 08-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Re: BigJim

Originally posted by JOB1124
How was the leg room with the flow-thru console & shifter on the floor?
It was quite spacious. I'm 6'5" and I had no problem sitting in it.

And Kidtriton: I don't think it was the subwoofer. It was as long as the bench seat and was hard. When you put the seat down, that is what holds it up. Otherwise the seat would just fall to the floor.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:40 AM
Oh.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Big Jim welcome. I was just down there at Future Ford last weekend. I took them up on the ride in it. They took us around the loop and that was it. The wife rode in the back and says it rode like a Lincoln Town Car. They didn't even want to let our salesman drive the thing but he talked them into it. I am dealing with the internet guys ONLY. Very nice guys no pressure at all.

Old 08-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Someone please tell me the SuperCab isn't going to hav ethe same issue with the back seat, that's ridicilous to not have a flat space storage area!

Old 08-07-2003, 06:49 PM
In my '03 Supercab, the back seat flips up (not foward and flat) 60/40. I have a black case on the passenger side that holds my jack and spare tire tools. I looked at a Dodge Quad cab and it doesn't have a flat surface either. The rear seat flips up, but it is sitting on a frame in the base trim and storage bins in the upper level trims. I assumed my '03 folded down like my Dad's '98. I like his flat surface better. However, my seat bottom is longer than his in the back. Trade one for another!

Ox

Old 08-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by pa_wolf62
Hey Big Jim welcome. I was just down there at Future Ford last weekend. I took them up on the ride in it. They took us around the loop and that was it. The wife rode in the back and says it rode like a Lincoln Town Car. They didn't even want to let our salesman drive the thing but he talked them into it. I am dealing with the internet guys ONLY. Very nice guys no pressure at all.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I REFUSE to buy from that dealership because this isn't the first time their salesmen have shafted me. But I WILL use them any way I can such as test drives. They will NOT see a penny from me. I'll just go to Grass Valley Ford.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BigJim
But I WILL use them any way I can such as test drives. They will NOT see a penny from me.

Talk about double standards- You want to waste their time helping you, but you won't buy from them?

Just road test at the dealer you're buying from.

Old 08-09-2003, 02:37 AM
There is no double standard. If you read my first post, THEY wasted MY time. Besides, since when did it become mandatory to buy from the dealership that you test drive a vehicle at?? I know PLENTY of people who do research at one dealership and buy from another. That's what getting crappy customer service will do to people. Regardless, between the 2 other dealerships that may get my business, 1 is over 500 miles away, and the other one is a small dealership that takes forever to get things. So I am going to test drive it BEFORE I order one to make sure it is what I want. And I am not "wasting their time" if I tell them right off the bat that I'm not buying ANYTHING.

Old 08-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Cool

In July of 1999 the wife and I looked at some new vehicles. NO test drive at this time. I knew if I drove something I would buy it...LOL

2 months later we went back to look again and test drive this time. I asked for the sales guy that helped us earlier. He was not working that day.

The dealer offered another sales person for a test drive. We took the drive while explaining we MOST likely would not buy that day because we were unsure which vehicle we wanted/needed.

We drove an SUV. Returned to the dealer and wanted to test drive an extra-cab truck. The saleman refused the 2nd test drive on the words that we would not purchase a vehicle that day.

Let me point out that I am not a kid. I am in the 46-54 age group with a good income level.

We drove off intensely pi$$ed off! Drove over to Chapman Chevrolet in Tempe AZ where my wife fell in love with a new 2000 Impala LS. Since we have been together for over 30 years I knew the Impala would come home with us and it did.

A week later we went back and bought a new truck at Chapman too.

I mailed copies of the sales contracts with numbers on them to the General manager of the first dealer where the sales guy rebuffed us. I included his business card to prove we have been there along with a 2 page letter detailing what happened.

I received a phone call with an apoligy from the Manager of the dealer which really blew me away.

The Impala was a problem child. So we went and looked at , then bought a 2001 F-150 Super Crew that the wife loves to drive. The Crew has been flawless in function for 36k miles.

We are going to look at the new 2004 F-150. Chances are good I will write a check for one if I like the truck.

If a person can use up a dealer...... do it, because they will use your wallet any chance they can.

Last edited by Crosley; 08-09-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll just go to Grass Valley Ford.
Haven't really dealt w/ them yet. How are they to deal with?

Old 08-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Crosley

If a person can use up a dealer...... do it, because they will use your wallet any chance they can. [/B]
Exactly!!

And pa_wolf, I haven't BOUGHT anything from them yet, but my grandfather gets ALL of his cars from them. Plus, from what he tells me, they're military friendly as well. They're closer too.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Besides, since when did it become mandatory to buy from the dealership that you test drive a vehicle at?? I know PLENTY of people who do research at one dealership and buy from another.

So you think it's fair for that sales person to waste their time showing you the truck, then go somewhere else and do your purchase?

That sales person could have been helping a someone that was ready to purchase a vehicle, not a "tire kicker".

Just my $0.02

Quick Reply: I sat in one at my local dealership