2004 - 2008 F-150

I sat in one at my local dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sales person could have been helping a someone that was ready to purchase a vehi

This gives the false impression that Dealerships have Salesman people lined-up at the doors assisting folks with test drives, purchases and inquiries....etc..

Whenever I walk into a dealership (some of them huge) I never see salesman stressing out over who they can help next.....

Also, "WASTE THEIR TIME SHOWING YOU THE TRUCK". Are you kiddin' us!!!!

What else would they be doin...??? Training.... Hmmm, maybe they should be training...

This is what I propose:

Have every dealerships salesman read these FORUMS!!!!
Wouldn't it be nice to run into a Ford salesman that knew more than you did about the 04 F-150!!!

I would probably pluck down a deposit on the spot!!!
Actually, I already made the deposit on July 16th. The salesman new almost nothing, other than the pricing. Example: He told me I could get the Lariat with the FX4 package....Oh-Brother!!!!

Feel bad....I think not!!! Saleman should be in the business of "SELLING". They should learn the trade or change proffessions. "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" is, and always will be what makes a standout Dealership.

Furthermore, these dealerships represent "FORD", and if a salesman is so narrow minded as to send a potential customer to another automaker, as we saw above (Impala SS) from Crosley, then that salesman should have been sent home early (if you know what I mean).

Old 08-11-2003, 11:54 AM
If you're looking for salesmen to send you off to other dealers, go to Duddie Ford in Westboro, MA. I went there and spoke to FOUR seperate salesmen, and they ALL said basically, "Go shop around and come back and we'll beat anyone by $1." Ooohhh! $1! And unlike other dealers, they FLAT-OUT REFUSED to give me any number for my trade. All they would do is say, "Come back with your best trade offer and we'll beat it by a buck."
Needless to say, I will be ordering my truck from the dealership who sat down and WROTE OUT and GAVE ME COPIES of all the numbers for me and said, "This is the best deal we can make for your new truck, plus your trade." They did it in writing, were up front and honest with me and NEVER, EVER asked ME to tell THEM what I wanted for my trade, or what I could afford on a monthly basis.
I HATE it when they try to screw you like that. It's their business to tell you pricing and values, it's not for me to tell them what I think they should give me so then they can lock me in at a lower trade value, or higher new value based on the maximum I can afford each month. Maybe for them spending $35-40k is a drop in the bucket, but not for me it isn't! I need the best trade-in value and best new price I can get, not a 'stealership' out to rip a good customer off.
PS (Framingham Ford in MA. is where I'm ordering/buying my truck. After 7 dealers they were the most honest, and gave me numbers without asking for ANY from me. Congrats guys, you just got a sale!)

Old 08-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Re: That sales person could have been helping a someone that was ready to purchase a vehi

Originally posted by fatboy0103@***.

Actually, I already made the deposit on July 16th. The salesman new almost nothing, other than the pricing. Example: He told me I could get the Lariat with the FX4 package....Oh-Brother!!!!

Not to start salesman bashing here but that is a very good point. I've seen this too many times and the other manufacturers are just as guilty. Would it kill you to do a little research on what you're trying to sell? If I was a dealer or sales manager, I would give them pop quizzes to make sure they could speak intelligently about their product.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Fatboy, you hit the nail right on the head. Even though I wasted my time driving to the dealership (due to their lies), I figured I would still look inside of it and ask any questions I had. He didn't know the answer to ONE QUESTION I asked. I ALMOST felt the need to waste my time and INFORM him about some features of the truck but then I remembered why I was just LOOKING at the truck and not taking it for a spin. These dealerships REALLY need to start looking at the salesmen they put on these lots because their stupidity (or ignorance) costs the dealership money.

And Thayer, I can see it now. 3 salesmen lined up with buzzers and the sales manager asking them questions Jeopardy style before they head out for the day. HAHAHAHA!!!..........Um, better make that CELEBRITY Jeopardy. Somebody HAS to win, right?

Old 08-13-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by BigJim

And Thayer, I can see it now. 3 salesmen lined up with buzzers and the sales manager asking them questions Jeopardy style before they head out for the day. HAHAHAHA!!!..........Um, better make that CELEBRITY Jeopardy. Somebody HAS to win, right?
H#@l Yes! and the one with the most questions right at the end of the month gets a bonus!

Old 08-13-2003, 08:57 AM
That reminds me I have to go a Chevy dealership (truck parts for a friend) which is right next a Ford dealership (Jerome Duncan) so I'm gonna go see the F-150!!!!!!!!! Then when the dealers ask about it I'm gonna tell'em my dad is interested in buying a new truck (no he's not his little ranger is 8 yrs old with well under 50K) then I will get inside and cream myself and walk out the door and then laugh at the dumb bastards inside.

Quick Reply: I sat in one at my local dealership