2004 - 2008 F-150

Just ordered mine! must pay m.s.r.p.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered mine! must pay m.s.r.p.

Just ordered mine from apple ford in columbia maryland!

2004 F150 Lariat 4x4 supercab
5.4L V8
Black clearcoat exterior
Medium Parchment interior (tan)
power leather heated captains chairs
6 disk in dash changer
audiophile package (subwoofer)
towing package
6.5 ft bed
power moonroof
power sliding rear window
limited slip axle
skid plate package
lt275/65R18 Goodyear

The dealer said that he expects prices by the end of the month and the trucks to start coming in during the early fall. I'm hoping to find out that both of these dates will be moved up. Now for the bad news; the dealer told me and wrote on the order form: SALE PRICE MSRP NO MORE NO LESS) I guess with the initial trucks to role off the line there will not be any price negotiating. I hope there are some incentives, however small.

Old 06-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd be suprised if there are any incentives. Historically, when a vehicle is first introduced, they don't have them. Best of luck though, MSRP is pretty harsh considering what everyone is getting an 03 for right now... I know.. .I know... it's the new body style but, seems to me like it might be better to wait until when the 04 sales start to curtail and then they start tossing incentives to make buying easier. Just my 02 cents.

RP

Old 06-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Smile My DEal ?

I have a similar order in place with Koons Ford of College Park, MD but they offered much better pricing. Dealt solely via Email, 1 phone call and FedEx (for the contract), been a great experience so far.

Also suggest checking pricing sites like

http://www.invoicedealers.com/

Last edited by jstevens; 06-09-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:20 PM
I would be very interested in the email address. The more I think about it, the more MSRP seems a little unreasonable. I would feel better if I had at least the opportunity to try to talk them down once I actually see the vehicle and the price. Thanks for the tip.

Old 06-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Could you order the King Ranch?

Just curious if Apple Ford would let you order the King Ranch or not. Len Stoler in Owings Mills said yes but I'm not sure they knew what they were talking about.

Thanks

Jim

Old 06-09-2003, 12:27 AM
I didn't ask about the king ranch but I told the salesman that I wanted it fully loaded. He immediately jumped to the lariat. However, it didn't seem as if he knew much if any about the new truck. The people at Stoler may be more knowledgeable or just telling you what you want to hear. If you find out, post it. I would be interested.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:24 AM
No way

Just my opinion, and not meant to bash you.....

There is **NO WAY** I would pay MSRP for any mass produced US made vehicle. With all automakers offering up to and over $3000 rebates, sell at invoice etc.

When he told me that I would have said forget it. You gotta walk away from dealers like that.

People buy Thunderbirds on A-plan, you should never pay MSRP for a truck. By October the lots will be full and you'll really be sorry you spent the extra 5k for a couple months of being the "cool guy".

-jeff b.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:40 AM
list price

i have a new 04 ordered lariat loaded. when it comes in and they tell me list price i will tell them to shove it up their a$$. i will never pay sticker for a automobile. then i will not buy a ford. steve

Old 06-09-2003, 12:38 PM
I always get real suspicious when somebody makes casual about agreeing to pay MSRP. You can't prove nothing but why would any real customer brag about having to pay MSRP? That's just nuts.

M.S.R.P.

Money Sucked Rightoutta Pocket

Old 06-09-2003, 05:46 PM
NOBODY pays MSRP onjh the biggest selling vehicle in the USA (At least Ihope they don't)

In addition I read Ford is VERY anxious for a big initial sales situation and is going to be offering incentives right from the start to insure a HIGHLY successfull launch

Old 06-10-2003, 12:33 AM
Talking just reordered; not paying msrp

first off: I am a real customer

Second:

I just reordered the exact same truck from a different dealer and was able to get 3% over dealer invoice. I am also trying to get x plan pricing from a co-worker. Now all I have to do is get my $500 back from the first dealer who incidently told me that this was not possible until the truck actually arrives. I have a feeling that it is going to be a fight. Anyway, thanks to jstevens for the suggestion to go to Koon's Ford in College Park MD, they been great. And until Apple Ford levels with me and returns my check, they can kiss my a$$!

Does everyone find this 3% over invoice to be an acceptable deal? I have never bought a new vehicle (especially without prices available) and new to the process.

Old 06-10-2003, 02:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Way to go bigsherm. You just proved a point long know. The dealer makes it up as they go along. I've been there and done that, that's why I deal as tough as I do today.

They will tell you "there will not be any price negotiating" and as long as you believe it they are right, and people will pay MSRP. They will make the statement just to see what your response is.

I can also tell you, from experience, that you can go back to the first dealer and get another $200 off the new invoice+ price if you tell them you decided to get it elsewhere. But why would you?

3% sounds fair enough. You do have to fight a bit harder for the first truck on the lot. What is 3%, about $600 - $750 over? There does come a point where if you are not willing to pay it, the dealer will find someone else who is.

Thanks for asking, this thread is a good read!

Old 06-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Good Job

Way to go!!! 3% sounds fair. You have to allow them to make a living, you just don't want them to make it all off you

As I stated before I get a-plan for Ford. I have bought GM cars in the past though. I always do my homework on Edmunds etc. If a dealer even suggests MSRP run away as fast as you can.

My quote is this " The S in MSRP says suggested..." and thats all it is.

Again....way to go.
-jeff b.

Old 06-10-2003, 08:28 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read an article on the Financial Times stating Ford is planning about $1500 in rebates on the 2004 F-150.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Guys I bought my 03 $3K off of Invoice, that made it $6K off sticker. I went ahead and got the 03 thinking that the 3K Rebate wouldn't last long...who knows they could extend it.....

The trick is www.carsdirect.com

If your nearest dealer won't match a cars direct price move on to another that will! I drove an hour and a half to pick up my truck passing probably 6 Ford Dealerships on the way!

Adam

Last edited by Adam_01_F150; 06-10-2003 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered mine! must pay m.s.r.p.