1997 - 2003 F-150

My front seats squeek....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My front seats squeek....

so i've noticed over the past few weeks the driver and passenger seats squeek. the sound is coming from the back part of the seat. its very annoying. anybody have this problem? any easy fixes?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dream150
so i've noticed over the past few weeks the driver and passenger seats squeek. the sound is coming from the back part of the seat. its very annoying. anybody have this problem? any easy fixes?
Does your truck have that stupid lumbar support thing that you manually crank? Mine squeak but only when someone is sitting in it. If that's when yours squeak then just turn the adjuster a little bit till they stop squeaking. If they squeak even when someone isn't sitting in them then I hope that some other member has some other ideas.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes it does have the lumbar things in it, and I have played with the setting a few times and its never makes the noise go completly away. Yes its only squeeks when somebody is sitting in it, its just annoying!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Sadly then maybe it's the adjuster its self just wearing out. That probably means it's on the inside of the seat. I don't know how to get to it. Turn the radio up till you can't hear it anymore. LOL kidding wish I could be more help.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:09 PM
my passenger seat in my 05 squeeks when someone is sitting in it and it drives me crazy

Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 AM
I've noticed mine is starting to squeek too. Is this something you can spray wd on or is it inaccessable.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
my drivers frame clicks over every little bump, talk about annoying.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 AM
alright guys, here's the fix. i had the same thing happen and finally figured it out last year and it's been completely gone ever since. i have the leather lariat seats with the manual lumbar support adjustment, and it was the mechanisms inside the seat that move the lumbar support which were squeaking.

on the back side of the seat, at the very bottom, there is a lip which the seat cover attaches to. figure out how to get that off, as if you were going to take the entire seat cover off. that will open up the back of the seat and you'll be able to look in and see the rods and stuff that control the lumbar. take some white lithium grease and spray each joint and connection and then crank the lumbar wheel a couple times and do it again. should have no more problems after that.

cheers!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by SkyBound85
alright guys, here's the fix. i had the same thing happen and finally figured it out last year and it's been completely gone ever since. i have the leather lariat seats with the manual lumbar support adjustment, and it was the mechanisms inside the seat that move the lumbar support which were squeaking.

on the back side of the seat, at the very bottom, there is a lip which the seat cover attaches to. figure out how to get that off, as if you were going to take the entire seat cover off. that will open up the back of the seat and you'll be able to look in and see the rods and stuff that control the lumbar. take some white lithium grease and spray each joint and connection and then crank the lumbar wheel a couple times and do it again. should have no more problems after that.

cheers!
Going to try that this weekend, your a saint!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
thats the same thing i did...just pop it off at the bottom and move the cover enough to get access to all that stuff. mine was squeaking at one point where 2 of the mechanisms come together and its just metal on metal....no wonder it squeaks! lol but i just took some grease i had in the garage and put some on it and i havent had a squeak since. lol good luck on getting it to stop cause i know how annoying it is! lol

Quick Reply: My front seats squeek....