Jasper motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jasper motors

Why are japster motor so much more then the other company's are they that much better. They want $3650 + 1000 core. Are they any other recommend company for rebuilt motors

Old 08-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Jasper engines are about as close as you'll ever get to a new engine....as in Ford factory NEW. I'd buy one of their engines over a Ford rebuilt. Most rebuilders just do the usual rering the pistons, new bearings and gaskets and call it good. Japser goes way beyond that. If the truck means a lot and you intend to drive it a long time, it's worth the bucks. If you're only going to have it a few years and maybe 50,000 miles, I'd look else where. You might even find a local rebuilder to do it cheap if it's not a long life truck.
http://www.jasperengines.com/video-gasoline-engines.php

Old 08-03-2014, 03:02 PM
I was looking at Promar they are local and cost $2300 if i need a motor

Old 08-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually Jasper was contracted to supply reman engines for Ford dealerships. So if your vehicle was over a year old and needed a replacment engine under warranty it was most likely a Jasper reman. We were required to dyno test so many of their engines every quarter a couple of each family (2v,3v,4v etc) Perform complete teardowns and display each engine for Jasper and Ford engineering to inspect. They are well built engines that used to complete durability dyno testing just as well as brand new Ford engines. They actually had a few things I liked better than a new factory engine.

Last edited by DYNOTECH; 08-03-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I went for a cheap GM Goodwrench new 350 engine for my old Monte CarloSS. 3 engines later I decided it was a bad idea. Those new engines only cost $1200 and were made in Mexico. I'd suggest you buy a good if expensive engine and save yourself a big headache.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Would never go with a reman here. Rather have a much cheaper used and proven engine. You can test it before you install or even purchase with a little know-how.
Jasper has even had bad ones in the past. On one (just one, but it was enough for me) occasion it took 3 to get a good one lol. Not kidding!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
Would never go with a reman here. Rather have a much cheaper used and proven engine. You can test it before you install or even purchase with a little know-how.
Jasper has even had bad ones in the past. On one (just one, but it was enough for me) occasion it took 3 to get a good one lol. Not kidding!
With the older Modulars the 5.4-2v's its getting to the point that finding "good" used is not going to be a realistic option. If you have the budget and the time I think the best way is to over see the rebuild your self. Find a high end machine shop and work with them. Its actually possible to get a better engine then the one the truck came with. If you get the right shop and put forth the effort to make sure its all done right.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Your right most junk yards have motors with over 100,000 and are asking some crazy price it's going to be very hard to find a low milage engine

Old 08-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pipejob1
Your right most junk yards have motors with over 100,000 and are asking some crazy price it's going to be very hard to find a low milage engine
Try looking at e-Vans. As far as I know the E-vans are still being made with 2v-5.4's and most certainly up to last year. Try to find one out of a wrecked van. It should be a pretty straight up swap. You'll have to change intake and some other stuff but its doable.

Quick Reply: Jasper motors