Pin from steering column

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pin from steering column

Wasnt sure where to put this but does anyone know where exactly this pin goes. It fell down onto my foot while driving from the steering column. Ive ripped up my steering column twice already to put back screws that fell out and now this pin fell out.

Im beginning to think the guy that put my steering column together was drunk that day.

This is for a 2001 f150 4x4 5.4L

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by norrisboat; 05-02-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by norrisboat
Wasnt sure where to put this but does anyone know where exactly this pin goes. It fell down onto my foot while driving from the steering column. Ive ripped up my steering column twice already to put back screws that fell out and now this pin fell out.

Im beginning to think the guy that put my steering column together was drunk that day.

This is for a 2001 f150 4x4 5.4L

Thanks for the help.
That same pin fell out of my 2002 4x4 SCREW (5.4 L). It is the back-and-forward pivot for the gear selector. The selector kept working, it just resided a little closer to the dash than before.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Click the tan CV in my signature & look in the Steering Column album. It shows exactly where that goes.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks so much fellow f150 brotha's

Old 01-26-2015, 02:07 AM
F 150 pin

A pin that is groved on one end fell on my foot while I was driving my F 150 2001 4.6. Now the shifter is slopy and don't line up with selector window. I've looked at 10 diagrams and cant figure it out. The pivot pin is still in shifter

Old 01-26-2015, 02:12 AM
F 150 pin

Originally Posted by 06 So Comfort
That same pin fell out of my 2002 4x4 SCREW (5.4 L). It is the back-and-forward pivot for the gear selector. The selector kept working, it just resided a little closer to the dash than before.
Same thing has happened to me the pin is groved on one end. But the shifter pin is still in. Can any one help before I break down the whole assembly. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT GOES. The shifter is now slopy and does not line up to window correctly

Old 01-26-2015, 02:18 AM
F 150 pin

Originally Posted by 06 So Comfort
Exactly the same thing hear. Did you find out where it goes?

Old 01-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by timbolee
Exactly the same thing hear. Did you find out where it goes?

Howdy thar, feller.

Reckon ol' Suth'rn Comfert ain't posted since 2011 - I 'spect he ain't gonna reply anytime soon ....

Say - how's aboot ye post up a nice hi-res closeup pitcher o' this hyur pin ye gots? Mebbie some oth'r feller kin cipher whutall it be...

good luck

Old 01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Lol I am from the south. nice geuss

Originally Posted by MGDfan

Howdy thar, feller.

Reckon ol' Suth'rn Comfert ain't posted since 2011 - I 'spect he ain't gonna reply anytime soon ....

Say - how's aboot ye post up a nice hi-res closeup pitcher o' this hyur pin ye gots? Mebbie some oth'r feller kin cipher whutall it be...

good luck
I'm trying to figure this site out, it not to friendly with my galaxy 4 phone. Not letting me post the picture

Old 01-26-2015, 02:32 PM
F 150 pin

Old 08-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Ever figure this out?

I just had this same pin fall onto my foot. Did you figure out where it came out of or what the part # is? It's definitely not the shift lever pin, and I've had issues with having to press hard on the brake pedal to get the key to unlock, and my indicator has been off for as long as I've owned it (2002 F150 King Ranch), guessing this may be related?

Knowing where it's supposed to go prior to taking it apart would be a big help. Also really curious as to what's supposed to hold this thing in? Is the knurled part supposed to be a tight press fit (does it need replacing)?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi, this is the same exact pin that fell out of my shift column. Did you ever figure out where it was installed?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Sadly no, but it's come to my attention that the main shaft needs replacing, so I'll be taking it apart soon. I had actually forgotten about this, so thanks for the reminder! Now I can figure it out while I have it apart

Old 09-13-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks Dubguy for the quick response. Even though my truck is still driveable with this pin out. The problem is that while driving forward I may accidentally hit the shift lever and easily have the shift lever go in reverse position. Normally when shifting from Drive to Park position once you go to Neutral position I would have to pull on the shift lever to put it in reverse or continue past reverse to put it in Park. But now the sift lever does not stop at neutral and I don't have to pull on the shift lever to put it in reverse or parking.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Gearshift Lever Pin

OK, I found the location of where the pin that fell out of my steering column goes to. This is the same pin that member Tombolee shows in his photo with the copper penny. As shown in the many online diagrams the pin is called a Gearshift Lever Pin. The Gearshift Lever Pin gores through the Transmission Column Shift Selector Tube and the Gearshift Lever. The problem with the diagrams is in the parts list they use term "Gearshift Lever" to represent two different looking parts. They call the Gearshift Lever the driver uses to place the vehicle in P-R-N-D-1-2 the same as the Gearshift Lever I show in the attached photos. The photos finally tell the story of the location of the mysterious grooved/knurled pin.

Attached Thumbnails Pin from steering column-1.jpg   Pin from steering column-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pin from steering column