Bullit-Proof

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullit-Proof

I have the 4R75E tranny and I need to beef it up to withstand over 500hp. Any suggestions?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by mcdover
I have the 4R75E tranny and I need to beef it up to withstand over 500hp. Any suggestions?
Thats not too complicated, are you planning to build it yourself or get one already built?
Alan

Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
Thats not too complicated, are you planning to build it yourself or get one already built?
Alan
I'll plan on building the tranny that came stock on the truck. I need to know what needs to be done to make sure it can withstand high hp and torque gains. Only thing I can find so far for this particular tranny is a C-plate from Factory Tech. Can you recommend anything else?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Larger pan, c plate, and a few things I cant think of will work up to 450rwhp.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Larger pan, c plate, and a few things I cant think of will work up to 450rwhp.
Those are the things I came up with. I'm looking for a good converter and valve body but I guess this tranny being so new, no one has anything for it.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Those are the things I came up with. I'm looking for a good converter and valve body but I guess this tranny being so new, no one has anything for it.
The c-plate will be fine for the valvebody you are going to need a good converter. I suggest a 6 plate stack on the forward drum if doing it yourself and ditch the wave. I do 7 plate but that requires some tricky machining. The direct you can stack to 7 again I do 8 but it requires machining. Most of your transmission is good components. The black high carbon od band will benefit you more than anything and don't forget about a good cooler.
Alan

Old 10-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
The c-plate will be fine for the valvebody you are going to need a good converter. I suggest a 6 plate stack on the forward drum if doing it yourself and ditch the wave. I do 7 plate but that requires some tricky machining. The direct you can stack to 7 again I do 8 but it requires machining. Most of your transmission is good components. The black high carbon od band will benefit you more than anything and don't forget about a good cooler.
Alan
Thanks for the advice. Looking at your profile, I see that you work for factory tech, so I'm assuming you know what your talking about, even though I don't. So, I'll ask more pointed questions. The converter that you recommend, does Factory Tech offer it for the 4r75e tranny? Is the stock cooler good enough or do I need to upgrade? What stall speed do you recommend for my truck, that is my daily driver, that is pushing around 450 rwhp and over 500 lbs of t/q? Thanks for any advice you can give me. As you can tell, transmissions are not something I know a whole lot about. Just trying to make sure mine doesn't puke one day when I getting on it hard.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking question

sorry to get off topic here but just curios were you got dynoed at MCDOVER.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. Looking at your profile, I see that you work for factory tech, so I'm assuming you know what your talking about, even though I don't. So, I'll ask more pointed questions. The converter that you recommend, does Factory Tech offer it for the 4r75e tranny? Is the stock cooler good enough or do I need to upgrade? What stall speed do you recommend for my truck, that is my daily driver, that is pushing around 450 rwhp and over 500 lbs of t/q? Thanks for any advice you can give me. As you can tell, transmissions are not something I know a whole lot about. Just trying to make sure mine doesn't puke one day when I getting on it hard.
Drop me a message Alan at factorytechdotnet (I don't put it right because bots search for addresses to spam) and I will tell you what can be done for it. also check Gregg's website factorytechdotcom

Old 10-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by jmt0645
sorry to get off topic here but just curios were you got dynoed at MCDOVER.
Walker Dynotune in Trussville, AL.