Trade in ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trade in ???

What do u guys think i should do? Think i should trade in my blue baby for a 2002 F250 S.D S/C 4x4 XLT Diesel short box?

Let me know

Paul

Old 03-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Lightbulb

Paul

Thats one tough call man. Personally. I think a lot it would hinge on how much you can get the new one for, and what kind of trade in they would give you for the 98. The whole trade in scenario is kinda a scam if you ask me. If the 98 is building up miles and you don't want to put any more money in it, go for it.

As always, the Selling price minus Trade in HAS to be a good deal. I don't know how anyone else feels about edmunds.com, but my experience so far is they are fairly accurate. You might want to check them out before you do the deed to get an idea of what trade in is for yours. They will also give you an idea of what you should be paying for the F250.

As far as the F250, OUTSTANDING truck. If I were to trade for anything right now, that would be it. The Powerstroke will last FOREVER if you take care of it!

Good Luck!

Ken

Old 03-24-2002, 11:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I say if the deal is good and you can afford it then go for it.

Old 03-25-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by hmustang
I say if the deal is good and you can afford it then go for it.
ditto. 250 superduties are badass trucks, especially diesel ones.

Old 03-25-2002, 04:38 AM
I'm pondering about the exact same thing on my blue baby. My reason is that my 97 has 135k on it, has few small problems (vibration, a small dent, scratchs, slightly leaky rear window). Because of where I live I have to drive 30 minutes one way for any kind of job and would/have drove 1hr one way for a good paying job. So a relaible vehicle is a must, also I like to have a good looking/running vehicle and frankly the 97 is going downhill despite all my efforts. I on the other hand am not for sure what vehicle I want if I do trade. In some ways I would love to have the big beast of a F250 PSD but would hate the monthly payment and if I get a good paying job it will be harder to manuvere in town and parking garages. I am in a Ford family and love Fords but am not biased that I wouldn't drive something else. I never tow and there's nothing I can't haul in a 1/2 ton or smaller truck, so I am thinking a new Ranger is in order. Then again a compact truck is the price of a full size plus they are probably not built as tough.

Old 03-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Talking

Yeah, thats the problem. I can get a great deal. Only thing is i can get that deal whenever i want. Right now they are offering me 17,000 for mine and it has 40k miles. Also i pay invoice for all ford vehicles except for limited editions and SVTs. So, the 250 PSD 4x4 S/C is only 34,500. Thats why im not sure if i want to. WHen is the new style for the SD's coming does anyone know?

The Shark

Old 03-31-2002, 01:17 PM
dee
I'm with hmustang. I would love to have that truck!

Old 03-31-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm still thinking about getting one, just trying to figure out the financial situation right now. Probably should wait till the new style comes out but by that time I might not be able to afford to buy a new one.
What should I get has been popping into my head a lot lately. First I thought of an FX4, then the 4x4 7700lb package, then thought about a sport 4x4. What packges can you combine could I get a Sport with the 7700lb? I really do not need the 7700lb package for towing but you stand a better chance of getting everything heavy duty and you can get the 3.73 gears.

Old 04-01-2002, 01:59 PM
I too have been looking at a PSD and the only thing that matters when trading in a vehicle is the difference--which is what you are gonna pay for the new one. If you shop around they will change your trade in value greatly but it makes no difference because you still will pay the same for the new truck. All that said now is a good time for a truck with the low financing or the rebates there is also another little rebate that few know about. If you are in the ag business or commercial business or can convince the dealer that they have an awesome rebate with accesories, you pick out at least $1200 worth of accesories that the factory doesnt put on i.e. 5th wheel, bumber gaurd cab tube steps, grill insert, etc.. they give you a $1,000 rebate and you pay only $200 fortyhe 1200 package-- it is in eefect thru April 31 i believe and a lot of dealers dont know about it off hand so ask them. Also go to fordvehicles.com and build one that tells you all the packages and prices and all that good stuff.

Quick Reply: Trade in ???