rcx lift kits anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rcx lift kits anyone?

has anyone heard of or know anything about the rcx lift kits not rcd, rcx? i like the way it looks kinda like the rancho but ive never heard of it. Does anyone know anything about it.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
its rough country. and its a great kit for the price. you can stil find it for around $1199

Old 02-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rcx and rancho has nothing in common, except that they both start with the letter R. i wouldn't buy a rough country for my lawnmower, junk.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 PM
dude. i swear you talk **** about everything unless you have it. there are lots of people with the new rough country kits (04-08) that have had noting but good to say about them. just because its not a damn fabtech or pro comp every one trash talks it. everytime i see you post, you are trash talking something someone wants

Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't know about the Rough Country lifts for the F150's but I know the Rough Country lift I had on my '06 Ram 2500 was complete junk. It was replaced with a Carli lift and then the Carli lift was replaced with a Fabtech lift. Carli was the nicest but it should have been since it cost me a total of over $4k. Fabtech makes really nice lifts too -- much nicer than the Rough Country lift I had. Maybe they are different for F150's though.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by floorit
dude. i swear you talk **** about everything unless you have it. there are lots of people with the new rough country kits (04-08) that have had noting but good to say about them. just because its not a damn fabtech or pro comp every one trash talks it. everytime i see you post, you are trash talking something someone wants
first off dude, the rough country kit is super cheap for a reason, it's made poorly, without a well thought out design. alot of guys running the kit huh? there may be a handful, now compare that to the guys running pro comp/rize/rancho/fabtech, about 100 to 1. i have had prior experience with the crap that rough country sells and i would never advise anyone to put it on their vehicle. its a great kit for the price? do you have it? did any research on it? any past experience with rough country? read the install instructions? i bet no to all of those answers. when i drop a chunk of money on a lift and i have to drill several holes, that puts a light off saying that this was designed on a computer in 10 minutes and made to fit the truck after the fact. small details tell how good a lift kit's quality is

Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 PM
no i dont have it. i asked around a few sites and got great reviews. (mind you i am talking about the 04-08 kit) i not talking about older RC stuff. i was going to get one but ran into more money and got a rize. and the price was low when first came out it is now arond the same price a other basic kits

Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by floorit
no i dont have it. i asked around a few sites and got great reviews. (mind you i am talking about the 04-08 kit) i not talking about older RC stuff. i was going to get one but ran into more money and got a rize. and the price was low when first came out it is now arond the same price a other basic kits
i'm just saying the lift kit design sucks.
Good
1. it does have a nice front crossmember
2. it does have a brace between the front and rear member, but it looks weak

Bad
1. you gotta drill several hole, honestly in 2009 make things with the holes that are already there (for the rear brake lines, front crossmember)
2. spacer, it works, but you still got the stock shocks trying to wrestle down 35 inch tires
3. the skidplate diff is just waiting to get you high center on something
4. the kicker braces are a joke, they take a bolt and put it thru the crossmember and on the other side a little 1x1 inch square of steel.
5. they give you a block and a add-a-leaf, how silly.

i just don't like it, that's why i bash on it, sure if your cheap go for it

here's the install instructions if anyone wants to read 'em
www.roughcountry.com/install/576S.pdf

Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 AM
well damn fellas, has anyone else had this kit. if so tell me what you think about it because im really feeln the price compared to others

Old 02-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Suspended
Old 02-21-2009, 05:04 PM
no the price isnt an issue i just like the 1100 dollar price versus the 1600 dollar prices for almost all the other kits.......but what would yall recomend for a good solid kit i have heard rcd and fabtech are mainly pretty solid but im just not sure yet

Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 PM
if you want solid lift id go with a fabtech or rancho that doesnt use a spacer

Old 02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by street fx2
no the price isnt an issue i just like the 1100 dollar price versus the 1600 dollar prices for almost all the other kits.......but what would yall recomend for a good solid kit i have heard rcd and fabtech are mainly pretty solid but im just not sure yet
the age old saying "get what ya pay for" is soo true in the world of suspension lifts. for a 6 inch lift there are several options better, i personally would go with fabtech. the rancho is only a 4" lift, but several guys including myself have gained over 5 inches. rcd is a good kit and lets you choose between 4.5" or 6" inches of lift, the only guy i can think of is Tuff4rd . pro comp is very popular on here and will work fine too. is money ain't an issue, then go with fabtech IMO. no spacers and you can always upgrade to coilvovers later on and run 37's if desired.

Quick Reply: rcx lift kits anyone?