Lightning

What type of lights are in the headlight and foglights

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-1999, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What type of lights are in the headlight and foglights

I have a 99 lightning and want to upgrade my headlights and foglights blubs. What type do I have?

Thanks

------------------

Vern

99.5 Lightning (black)
bone stock

Old 11-09-1999, 11:03 AM
Question

Um 2fa****, what do u mean by what kind? i am guessing that u mean the bulbs, in that case the headlights are 9007', the fogs are just fog lights, there is no # for them. What are you tryng to upgrade 2?

------------------
99' Black Bolt
Clear Corner lenses
PSP Filter (on order)

[This message has been edited by Yoda (edited 11-09-1999).]

Old 11-09-1999, 11:07 AM
The headlight bulbs are 9007's, the foglamp bulbs are listed in the owner's manual (sorry, I don't remember that one right now).

PLUG FOR ROGER.....

I ordered 2 sets of Wizard Ultra Whites from Roger Lemere in the digital marketplace here on F150Online. They were a bit pricey, but certainly worth the money for the improvment.

One set for the truck, and the other set for the car. They work great and really do cast a whiter, brighter light to make it easier to see the road. I have adjusted the beams to be effective, but not blind oncoming drivers. I haven't gotten high beams flashed at me since I put them in.

I recommend checking your local laws before buying though, they are for "show and off-road purposes only". So far Tx. DPS hasn't had a problem w/them.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood - Delivered and at the body shop; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 11-09-1999, 11:57 AM
Question

hey chuck, did you compare the ultra white as to the factory? Like when u were installing them did u put just 1 "ultra white" in them compare it to the other factory bulb? I had purchased the PIAA super white lights in my 91 mustang & couldnt tell a noticealbe difference between the 2. At least not worth $75 worth, so i returned them . Also do the new ones cast a slight bluish tint to them or are the just "whitier"?

------------------
99' Black Bolt
Clear Corner lenses
PSP Filter (on order)

[This message has been edited by Yoda (edited 11-09-1999).]

Old 11-09-1999, 01:18 PM
Yoda,

Yes I did compare the two as you described. The standard light was very yellow in comparison to the Wizard bulb. They do have a slight bluish tinge to them, but are much whiter than stock. They are also much brighter, this is good for me as I am a little night-blind and these bulbs work great for me.

MrBBQMan,

Do you need me to order another set? I have some here already that I haven't received checks for and they are available. I still have clear and smoke. Not pushing, just offering.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood - Delivered and at the body shop; Cal-Tracs traction bars

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 11-09-1999).]

Old 11-09-1999, 02:40 PM
Thanks Chuck,
i will email you

going to go with the formal black tie look (smoke), this time

Old 11-09-1999, 03:41 PM
MRBBQ,

If you would consider conserving your selinium crystals by throttling back to the speed of light while crossing the bridge every day, you just might be able to get through a whole month without installing yet another new set of Wyldman's covers.

Mike

Old 11-10-1999, 12:23 AM
Can't change bulbs in the fogs, they are Hella brand and come as a complete assy w/housing and wiring harness. cost me about 68.00ea with my -25% discount (that's each), get some covers from Wyldman, as both my covers have rock chips on them now.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Brighter blubs

Will they work in the 2005 F150?

Last edited by Joeq; 09-07-2005 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Quick Reply: What type of lights are in the headlight and foglights