Lightning

Disconnect the annoying seatbelt buzzer?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disconnect the annoying seatbelt buzzer?!

That thing is driving me CRAZY. I've disconnected the wiring harness plug going from the seatbelt receiver, under the seat, and it keeps beeping at me. I've also installed a temporary wire splice, connecting the wires together, and that doesn't work either.

Anyone found a way to kill that stupid buzzer? Sometimes I just want to take a quick trip to the store a block away and not have to put my belt on.

Never mind - failed to do a search first. Found the information I was looking for.

Last edited by fullboogie; 12-14-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:18 AM
there is a link do a search for it.

you have to plug and unplug the seat belt a certain amount of times when u put the key in to turn it off.

Old 12-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Or, simply just press the seatbelt button in when you get in the truck. This will keep the dinger from going off again. You have to do this at each start-up though.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
read your owners manual.

I think it's listed under "belt minder".

Old 12-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Just "fyi", on the '04s pushing the button won't shut it off anymore. With my '01 I did that all the time, but not in the '04.

Silly...

Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Why don't you just put on your seatbelt and be safe.

Last edited by Big Man; 12-14-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Underneath your seat there is a cannon plug that goes from the seatbelt female end to under the carpet, just unplug it, and it won't go ff again...

-dennis

Old 12-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Why would any sane person drive a Lightning
without a seat belt FIRMLY tightened around
their ****?

Old 12-14-2004, 03:07 PM
it tells you in your owners manual how to disable it.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:55 PM
I used my buddys ford diagnotisc tool at his dealership. Just hook it up to the diagnostic port, and in one of the menus theres the option " seat belt chime " on/off.

Basiclly go to a Ford dealer and see if they would be willing to do it for you.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Trust me it works:

BeltMinder Enable/Disable
The Belt MinderTM is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. The Belt Minder is active from the time the truck leaves the factory. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. This procedure applies to most newer vehicles equipped with BeltMinder, not just Ford trucks.

Important Notes:
Follow these instructions at your own risk! Not wearing your seatbelt may be illegal in your area. Always be sure you're aware of your local laws, and wearing your seatbelt!

Procedures
You can Deactivate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:
The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:27 PM
I did mine like the post above describes, and no more annoying bell. However, I ALWAYS wear my seat belt. The only reason I disconnected it was because I'm always loading different tunes with my Predator.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Unhappy Crazy info....

Some of you disabled the seat beltminder via the manual that said to buckle/unbuckle three times, light on then off, buckle/unbuckle three times again, etc... This is how my manual tells me to do it but I never treid it out until now. I have an early 2004 (07/03). I tried it many times and it never worked. Thought i'd go nuts.

But I checked my manual against the newest manual version and they are totally different. The new version manual says to buckle/unbuckle 9 times, then wait for airbag light on three seconds then buckle/unbuckle once. The rest is the same. I tried this out and it worked first time out.

I had a factory reflash about four weeks ago to the newest PCM version at that time. I am wondering if there was a change from the earlier versions.

So maybe some 2004's with older PCM codes use the first method and later versions the last method.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I got a 2000 and it never beeps at me. Does this mean the previous owner did this *mod*?

31C

Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Seat Belt ****’s

This is for all you seat belt ****’s out there that insist that everyone MUST wear a friggen seat belt. Go Sc*** yourself. If you believe all the life saving horse **** you and your **** buddies have been dumping down our throat’s for decades now….then answer these. Why the hell do they sell a tool to put in your car to cut you out of the damn thing as a safety item? Why the hell have traffic deaths gone up every year and have NEVER gone down, even when Seat Belts became mandatory nationally? Why the hell if they save lives, DON’T we REQUIRE them to be in our school buses, where the most precious thing we have is…our children? They are a law in this country because….like everything else here…it makes someone money! Not just the car makers selling more tech into their product, thereby raising the price-tag and hiding the margins (to you ****’s who don’t know what that is…its profit). It’s mostly the local, state and federal government who, inspect, ticket, test, report, fine, imprison, search, control and rehabilitate with programs and plans all out of the wallets of its flock. That would be you….and me, unfortunately. I was raised in an era and time when passing this bull**** law and others like it, would have caused the men of those times to quit work and drive to every state capital in the country demanding the freedom they and their fathers fought and died for. Now, however, we are supposed to believe that all is being done only to insure our safety and whatever that may be should be left in the hands of much smarter and qualified men and women like the local, state and federal governments who always and I mean ALWAYS make sure they and their programs, parties and careers profit from the process of saving us from ourselves! Like all those new traffic light cameras…..just imagine how many lives they are saving! Wow! And at 175 bucks a pop…should you accidentally cruse through a yellow caution. Never mind that each of those cameras cost tens of thousands! Guess who’s footing the bill, ****?

PS- BTW *********, this is NOT an endorsement for driving Recklessly in any fashion whatsoever. Reckless driving is and should be the only moving violation law. Because Reckless driving is kinda like **** vs. Art….it might be hard to explain…but ya know it when you see it.

So Disable Away!!!!

Quick Reply: Disconnect the annoying seatbelt buzzer?!