Lightning

Disconnect the annoying seatbelt buzzer?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bacamino
it tells you in your owners manual how to disable it.
+1. I did that to mine and it was super easy.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by WalterPPK
Like all those new traffic light cameras…..just imagine how many lives they are saving! Wow! And at 175 bucks a pop…should you accidentally cruse through a yellow caution. Never mind that each of those cameras cost tens of thousands! Guess who’s footing the bill, ****?
AMEN

Old 07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
This is for all you seat belt ****’s out there that insist that everyone MUST wear a friggen seat belt. Go Sc*** yourself. If you believe all the life saving horse **** you and your **** buddies have been dumping down our throat’s for decades now….then answer these. Why the hell do they sell a tool to put in your car to cut you out of the damn thing as a safety item? Why the hell have traffic deaths gone up every year and have NEVER gone down, even when Seat Belts became mandatory nationally? Why the hell if they save lives, DON’T we REQUIRE them to be in our school buses, where the most precious thing we have is…our children? They are a law in this country because….like everything else here…it makes someone money! Not just the car makers selling more tech into their product, thereby raising the price-tag and hiding the margins (to you ****’s who don’t know what that is…its profit). It’s mostly the local, state and federal government who, inspect, ticket, test, report, fine, imprison, search, control and rehabilitate with programs and plans all out of the wallets of its flock. That would be you….and me, unfortunately. I was raised in an era and time when passing this bull**** law and others like it, would have caused the men of those times to quit work and drive to every state capital in the country demanding the freedom they and their fathers fought and died for. Now, however, we are supposed to believe that all is being done only to insure our safety and whatever that may be should be left in the hands of much smarter and qualified men and women like the local, state and federal governments who always and I mean ALWAYS make sure they and their programs, parties and careers profit from the process of saving us from ourselves! Like all those new traffic light cameras…..just imagine how many lives they are saving! Wow! And at 175 bucks a pop…should you accidentally cruse through a yellow caution. Never mind that each of those cameras cost tens of thousands! Guess who’s footing the bill, ****?

PS- BTW *********, this is NOT an endorsement for driving Recklessly in any fashion whatsoever. Reckless driving is and should be the only moving violation law. Because Reckless driving is kinda like **** vs. Art….it might be hard to explain…but ya know it when you see it.

So Disable Away!!!!

You must be a liberal...

Old 07-03-2007, 11:12 PM
The post before his was from 2005, what was the point in even making such a reply to a two year old post?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
This is for all you seat belt ****’s out there that insist that everyone MUST wear a friggen seat belt. Go Sc*** yourself. If you believe all the life saving horse **** you and your **** buddies have been dumping down our throat’s for decades now….then answer these. Why the hell do they sell a tool to put in your car to cut you out of the damn thing as a safety item? Why the hell have traffic deaths gone up every year and have NEVER gone down, even when Seat Belts became mandatory nationally? Why the hell if they save lives, DON’T we REQUIRE them to be in our school buses, where the most precious thing we have is…our children? They are a law in this country because….like everything else here…it makes someone money! Not just the car makers selling more tech into their product, thereby raising the price-tag and hiding the margins (to you ****’s who don’t know what that is…its profit). It’s mostly the local, state and federal government who, inspect, ticket, test, report, fine, imprison, search, control and rehabilitate with programs and plans all out of the wallets of its flock. That would be you….and me, unfortunately. I was raised in an era and time when passing this bull**** law and others like it, would have caused the men of those times to quit work and drive to every state capital in the country demanding the freedom they and their fathers fought and died for. Now, however, we are supposed to believe that all is being done only to insure our safety and whatever that may be should be left in the hands of much smarter and qualified men and women like the local, state and federal governments who always and I mean ALWAYS make sure they and their programs, parties and careers profit from the process of saving us from ourselves! Like all those new traffic light cameras…..just imagine how many lives they are saving! Wow! And at 175 bucks a pop…should you accidentally cruse through a yellow caution. Never mind that each of those cameras cost tens of thousands! Guess who’s footing the bill, ****?

PS- BTW *********, this is NOT an endorsement for driving Recklessly in any fashion whatsoever. Reckless driving is and should be the only moving violation law. Because Reckless driving is kinda like **** vs. Art….it might be hard to explain…but ya know it when you see it.

So Disable Away!!!!

WOW...

But all I got to say is.. Driving is a privledge... not a right... so if they say you need to buckle up, then GUESS WHAT... Becasue the powers at be, can take the privledge away... It is not a right.

Its not like they aren't telling you... Click-It or Ticket... I could understand if they just out of the blue didn't tell anybody that they would fine you for that... They aren't hiding it that it is illegal, and that those that YOU elected into office made those laws...

Quit bitchin and do what your told... Again.. its not a right... Same thing with flying... stand in line and get searched if you eant to travel...

Now don't mess with my guns though... OH THAT IS MY RIGHT... when they take that away.. feel free to bitch about it.. its a right you have as a US citizen...

just my .02

Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by jec1521
You must be a liberal...
No, he is just a dip****.

Last edited by SVT F15O; 07-04-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Why the hell do they sell a tool to put in your car to cut you out of the damn thing as a safety item?
So after it saves your life you can cut yourself free and get out of a possibly burning car. It's the same reason they sell that little puncture device so you can break your window in the event your car is sinking in a body of water.

Why the hell have traffic deaths gone up every year and have NEVER gone down, even when Seat Belts became mandatory nationally?
Come one, are you serious. That's simple statistics. Every year the population of the US gets larger so naturally there will be more car crashes. And the majority of the people that die in traffic accidents weren't wearing their seat belts anyway.

Why the hell if they save lives, DON’T we REQUIRE them to be in our school buses, where the most precious thing we have is…our children?
I agree. They should make children who ride the school bus wear them. It would also serve to keep them in their seats where they belong.

WalterPPK, that has to be one of the most stupid replies I've ever read.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<Snip>...This is for all you seat belt ****’s out there that insist that everyone MUST wear a friggen seat belt. Go Sc*** yourself. If you believe all the life saving horse **** you and your **** buddies have been dumping down our throat’s for decades now….then answer these...<Snip>
Hey, nice to meet you too, @sshat !!! Way to go and assume everyone here is as dumb as you obviously are....

<Snip>...Why the hell do they sell a tool to put in your car to cut you out of the damn thing as a safety item?...<Snip>
Because, if you have a severe accident and are still alive and trapped in your vehicle, you can cut the belt to allow yourself exit. Mostly, however, it is a sales tactic by some company to take stupid people's money. The number of people trapped in a vehicle by a malfunctioning seatbelt is completely insignificant when compared to the number of people whose lives they have saved.

<Snip>...Why the hell have traffic deaths gone up every year and have NEVER gone down, even when Seat Belts became mandatory nationally?...<Snip>
Simple math, genius. More population driving every year - more accidents and deaths every year. Not to mention, it has been statistically proven that the majority of those deaths are people who (who would have ever thought?) WERE NOT WEARING THEIR SEAT BELT !!!!

<Snip>...Why the hell if they save lives, DON’T we REQUIRE them to be in our school buses, where the most precious thing we have is…our children?...<Snip>
Because a school bus is much heavier and has more mass than most other vehicles on the roads in neighborhoods. Most school bus routes are on slower, neighborhood streets not as heavily commuted by large trucks and such. If a bus collides with a car, there is virtually no damage to the bus (or it's occupants). I am not saying they shouldn't have to wear seat belts - I'm saying why they can not wear them and they are still relatively safe in transit. Look at how many millions of school children are bussed, without vehicular harm, every year in this country. Personally, I think they should wear them...

<Snip>...They are a law in this country because….like everything else here…it makes someone money! Not just the car makers selling more tech into their product, thereby raising the price-tag and hiding the margins (to you ****’s who don’t know what that is…its profit). It’s mostly the local, state and federal government who, inspect, ticket, test, report, fine, imprison, search, control and rehabilitate with programs and plans all out of the wallets of its flock. That would be you….and me, unfortunately...<Snip>
Nope, it isn't about the money - it is about eroding your personal freedoms and rights. Liberals wanting big brother to regulate every facet of your life, no matter how stupid it may seem. Why does Florida have a seatbelt law, yet they REPEALED the motorcycle helmet law ? It is all about making everyone conform to the whims of a few.

<Snip>...I was raised in an era and time when passing this bull**** law and others like it, would have caused the men of those times to quit work and drive to every state capital in the country demanding the freedom they and their fathers fought and died for. Now, however, we are supposed to believe that all is being done only to insure our safety and whatever that may be should be left in the hands of much smarter and qualified men and women like the local, state and federal governments who always and I mean ALWAYS make sure they and their programs, parties and careers profit from the process of saving us from ourselves!...<Snip>
What "era" are you referring to ? I have not read of anything like this occuring anytime in the last half century ???

<Snip>...Like all those new traffic light cameras…..just imagine how many lives they are saving! Wow! And at 175 bucks a pop…should you accidentally cruse through a yellow caution. Never mind that each of those cameras cost tens of thousands! Guess who’s footing the bill, ****?...<Snip>
For one, you don't get a ticket for running through a caution. For another, if there weren't so many morons who run red lights, the cameras would not be looked upon as a necessity. I for one am glad they are there - maybe some of the idiots who continue to run red lights will finally get what they have coming, before they kill someone in an accident.

And, btw, they do not cost 10's of thousands of $$$'s to install. I know - I sell them.....

<Snip>...PS- BTW *********...<Snip>
Well, as far as I can tell, you are the only ******** in this thread !!!

I wish I had a Darwin Award to give you.......

Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Friends tire exploded on the highway, 4-people in the F250, he was the only 1 not wearing a seatbelt, he was the only one who didn't survive. The other 3 only had minor injuries.

I used to never wear a seatbelt, I won't drive now without wearing one. As you can see with the example above, it had nothing to do with driving ability when something out of your control happens.

Last edited by gpaje; 07-04-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
WALTERPPK , You have made one post and qualify for Idiot of the year!! ,,

Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Just FYI on NON-new body trucks, you can just unclip the small wire harness dropping down from the seat (two or three wires) Assuming you dont have power seats. I dont know if powerseats has the seatbelt harness integrated or not.
-Patrick

Old 07-05-2007, 11:12 AM

So Disable Away!!!!

You need to smoke one buddie.... and buckel up...

Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 PM
looks like admin needs to step up and delete/ban another IP

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 AM
After trying all the above suggestions it would not work until I knocked 3 times on the pipe and tied a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree! Success at last!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Dolphan
After trying all the above suggestions it would not work until I knocked 3 times on the pipe and tied a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree! Success at last!
you have to turn the wheel to the left a little before starting

Quick Reply: Disconnect the annoying seatbelt buzzer?!