King Ranch

Dyed KING Ranch Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyed KING Ranch Seats

I just got off the phone with someone who a Ford dealer told me about. He can dye King Ranch seats to look new like the day you drove it off the lot.The dealer said he does work for them all the time and it does look new again. So i called and talked to him and he said he does have the exact King Ranch dye color and have done many King Ranches and it will match like the day you drove it off.Sounds good i will let yall know i have a appt for thursday morning and we will see.I am in the Dallas Ft Worth area. He explain alot to me and he did make sence on alot of things about dyes and cleaners.It wil be bake on so it will dry in 30 mintutes and says it will not come off on your clothes.They also do leather repairs on cars and trucks and repairs dashes .He did said they have some other people in others states that do this also. I wil get the info and let yall know the results on Friday or Thursday night.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Good luck. Not saying it wont work or any such thing, but the though of what you're about to do scares the hell outa me.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
keep us posted!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Yes, please keep us informed on this. I bought mine used and the back seats look brand new. The front seats have weathered 5 years of sitting. If this is reasonable and truely does work and make a difference, I might have to consider "bringing back to life" my fronts.

By the way, I am local DFW also, and I gotta ask - nascar17 = Kennseth fan? Go Roush!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:58 AM
hey nascar this is scott who you talked to last night. we do the work for 3 major ford dealers in dallas/dfw area and numberous king ranch leather dyes for wholesalers and retail. from my name you can figure out our website. we also do many of the large ford dealers in florida.

anyone you talk to will tell you, "nobody dyes king ranch leather",,,,,well we do and I have NEVER had a disatisfied customer.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes firemans kr we are a big Kenseth Fan and a Roush fan too. We do go to the 2 races at Texas motor speedway. We also are lucky enough to get pit and garage passes also.Nothing beats being in the garage and the pits and meeting all the drivers,Do you go to the Texas races also ?If so email on my email address.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:16 AM
ok another Tejas guy piping in let me know whats up with the dying ...ohh and 88 over here !!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Color New, do you have any before and after King Ranch pictures? Your website shows some of before and after of "regular" leather, but not KR.

88 here too!

Old 01-12-2006, 02:05 AM
I will show mine after we are done. I took some before today on (Wed) and willl show some after we are done on Thursday.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:37 AM
nascar17, yes I do go to the races - and will be there in April! I couldn't get the email thing to work, so here's my general email address: fireman1949@hotmail.com

Good luck on your seats!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok everyone ! Seats are done and I am very happy. My wife has my digital camera and will be back Sunday.I will post before photos and take after photos on Sunday and post them as soon as I can. Let me start off by saying it was very cool to see how color new restained my seats.The dye is the same dye that King Ranch uses on the leather to begin with. IT IS A PERFECT MATCH .He sprays the dye on with a special air gun and then it is dryed with a heat gun or something like that that bakes it in to the leather so it dries in 30 mintutes I even took it by the Ford dealership I do my maintance with on my truck and they couldnt beleive how much my seats looked new again.We did the 2 frount seats and the the back was not to bad to begin with but he spot sprayed the bench seat and blended it in to make it look even all over and new also.He even did the 4 grab handles and the steering wheel and the console lid to.It really looks like new seats again.My truck over all was not that bad to begin with except the 2 frount seats that were really faded as you will see when I post the before photos.Every one I showed today all said it looks very good and like new seats. Sorry I cant get the photos posted before Sunday but you will see that their is finally a answer to keeping the King Ranch seats looking nice and new after they have faded and turned whiteish from the sun.I truely beleive now that the King Ranch conditioner that I always used may keep the seats from drying out but it really does take some of the dye off every time you put it on. I will be having my seats done on a regular basis as needed.I want them to look new all the time. I would recommend color new to anyone .As far as prices go I will leave that up to color new to explain him self on this forum. He will be back on here I am sure . Photos will be posted by Sunday night.Thanks (NASCAR17)

Last edited by nascar17; 01-13-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Ok I have put the before and after photos in mt gallery. I cant seem to get them in this thread. Can someone help me and go to my gallery and post them here.There are 4 photos thanks Nascar 17

Old 01-15-2006, 04:54 PM
BEFORE.......

Old 01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
AFTER........

Old 01-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Here they are...

Before:

After:

Looks great man!!!

Last edited by TXCobra; 01-15-2006 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyed KING Ranch Seats