King Ranch SuperCrew Rear Bench seats...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch SuperCrew Rear Bench seats...

I have an '02 SuperCrew King Ranch. Does anyone know where I can find the rear bench seat for the King Ranch??? ...or anyone aftermarket that makes a small seat to go in place of the center console?

The bucket seats are sweet....ummm until you need to actually use your truck to take friends along. Then it becomes lame because your big truck can only carry four people. Yea, not so cool anymore

Haha...thanks.

Last edited by RAF150; 02-01-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RAF150
I have an '02 SuperCrew King Ranch. Does anyone know where I can find the rear bench seat for the King Ranch??? ...or anyone aftermarket that makes a small seat to go in place of the center console?

The bucket seats are sweet....ummm until you need to actually use your truck to take friends along. Then it becomes lame because your big truck can only carry four people. Yea, not so cool anymore

Haha...thanks.
Lol all of my rear seat passenger loves the back seat with the console, ive been told by several people they have never sat in a back seat as comfortable as mine, They love the center console and captains chairs in the back, You are going to be out big bucks to purchase a bench seat in the back. Best thing i can recommend is check ebay. Good Luck

Old 02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Do a search and you will find that it is not a straight forward swap. They were either made for the bench, or the captain's chairs. It can be done, but it might be more work than you are wanting?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Just about any SCREW rear bench will work for you. BUT you will probably have a missing chunk of carpet where your console was. And you will have a tough time finding a KR match without buying a complete set front and rear. You can even use an Expy or Navi middle seat 60/40. Just will be a different color.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM
There's always the chance someone will do a full seat swap with you, you never know. Sometimes i wish i had the console in back, but it's nice to have the extra seating too.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
KingRanchCoy...haha I get the same everytime someone is in my truck

I guess I was just inquiring. I love the bucket seats in the rear but sometimes just wish I could seat more people. I'm over it. I'll keep the buckets

Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by RAF150
KingRanchCoy...haha I get the same everytime someone is in my truck

I guess I was just inquiring. I love the bucket seats in the rear but sometimes just wish I could seat more people. I'm over it. I'll keep the buckets
Good choice

Old 07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I just did the swap in my '02 King Ranch SuperCrew. I used a 60/40 bench seat out of a '02 SuperCrew XLT Larait that is tan leather. I picked it up at a salvage yard for $150 with everything except the back wall cover (didn't realize they were different) and carpet. Tore mine apart and found all the holes where there except one (it is there, just not reinforced with the plate and nut). All the other holes had to be tapped. There is a plate in there for the center console to mount to you have to remove also. It is held in by 9 spot welds. I had to buy a spot weld drill bit to remove the plate, but I can put it back in at anytime as the holes are there now. I drilled the hole out to 3/16 so you can pop-rivet it back in and I put 3 rivets in the front 3 hole because they go to the underside of the truck. The one hole you have to drill for the seat is there, but covered in sound deading. It is for the 60 seat and it is the Right front mount of the seat. You also have to cut the carpet for that mount. I cut it on 3 side and folded it back and can flip it back and put a piece of tape under it and you will never know.
All in all I had to drill one hole, make one reinforcement plate, and cut one piece of carpet to make the swap work. After I was all done I covered the hole in the carpet for the center console with a rubber floor mat and bought a tan runner to run across the back just in case my kids do spill something. It took me just under 3 hrs to make the swap work. The way I look at it I needed to have the bench for my kids, but I can always go back to buckets or I can swap someone completely.

Quick Reply: King Ranch SuperCrew Rear Bench seats...