Harley-Davidson

2001 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 Pricing Set At $34,495

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 04:24 PM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2001 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 Pricing Set At $34,495

DEARBORN, January 16, 2001 - The limited edition 2001 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew four-door pickup is the second in a line of limited edition trucks jointly developed by two legends of the American road - Ford Motor Company and Harley-Davidson Motor Company. The base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price for the 2001 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew is set at $34,495 (including destination and delivery charges of $715).

"The introductory Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCab was so well received last year that we created another new vehicle genuinely appealing to our Harley-Davidson enthusiast customers," said Al Giombetti, truck group marketing manager. "The look and performance of this truck perfectly complement the 'Authentic American Muscle' image that both Harley-Davidson and Ford Trucks have built over the years."

Standard features available only on the Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew include:
  • Black monochromatic paint
  • 5.4L Triton™ V-8 single overhead cam engine with 260 horsepower and 350 ft.-lbs. of torque
  • Suspension lowered one inch
  • Unique tuned exhaust system with single inlet/dual outlet muffler and "slash-cut" 3˝" chrome tips
  • 4-speed automatic transmission
  • 3.73 Limited Slip rear axle
  • Unique 20x9-inch five-spoke chromed aluminum wheels with HARLEY-DAVIDSON identification on center caps
  • Goodyear P275/45R20 Eagle GTII tires
  • Unique front lower valence with fog lamps
  • Unique upper chrome billet grille with chrome surround
  • Unique windshield with HARLEY-DAVIDSON Bar and Shield dot pattern and Alliance logo
  • Chrome side nurf bars
  • Gray and "Harley-Davidson" orange body stripe
  • "Harley-Davidson F-150" badges on front fenders and tailgate
  • Quad captains chairs with black leather trim and jewel HARLEY-DAVIDSON nameplate
  • Leather-wrapped console lid (front and rear) with embroidered HARLEY-DAVIDSON identification
  • Chrome steering column stalks, door releases and seat levers
  • Unique "spun metal" instrument cluster with "Harley-Davidson F-150" logo
  • 4-spoke steering wheel with Ford oval jewel nameplate
  • Cargo box mat with Harley-Davidson® Bar and Shield logo
  • Unique keys with Harley-Davidson® Bar and Shield logo and Ford logo

The 2001 Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew is also available with several options, such as a moon roof (MSRP $810), sliding rear window (MSRP $125), 6-disc CD changer (MSRP $295), heated front seats (MSRP $245), and an engine block heater (MSRP $90).

Standard features common with the F-150 SuperCrew Lariat include a bed extender, remote keyless entry, keyless entry pad, power adjustable pedals, seven-pin trailer tow connector and four-pin converter and four-wheel antilock brakes. The vehicle has a 6275-lb. GVW, a 4500-lb tow rating, a 1200-lb payload and a 10,000-lb CGVW rating.

Available in dealerships beginning in February, the 2001-model Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew is in limited production at Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant.

Source: Ford Motor Company

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 01-16-2001).]

Old 01-16-2001, 06:03 PM
Question

Here we go again with the 3.73 rear end.
Everyone I know has a 3.55 rear end.
But, even the owners manual on hauling weight and trailering refers to the HD F-150 with the 3.73 rear end. Unfortunately I don't know what my hauling weight or trailer capacity is BECAUSE I have 3.55 gears in the rear...

Old 01-16-2001, 06:05 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by webmaster:
Unique windshield with HARLEY-DAVIDSON Bar and Shield dot pattern and Alliance logo.</font>
Too cool. Now that's fine tuning!

------------------
2000 F150 Harley-Davidson: Superchip, K&N FIPK
Hard Tonneau, Hidden Hitch, 2-Meter Rig (KG0UK)
'99 FLHRCI, '95 XLH

Old 01-16-2001, 07:18 PM
Darn... I really do want the moon roof...

Anybody else thinking about snagging the HD F-150 tail gate emblem for their truck since ours doesn't have it?

Lanna

------------------
2000 HD F-150 - No mods yet; Lowering, Supercharger, Chip, K&N Air setup planned.

1974 Camaro Type LT

1985 Fiero GT

"I had to get the HD - it coordinates nicely with my Rottie!!"

Old 01-16-2001, 11:15 PM
wow! nice list of HD accoutrements with the Supercrew--main problem in Canada with our cheaper buck is we'd be looking at well over $50K CND with options. I thought of holding out for this one before I got the 2000 but as someone pointed out, do you really want to move 3 other people in sedan comfort in a truck? I would tend to think this one is more of a styling and vehicle statement--as such, wouldn't mind one in my driveway but 1 Supercrew beside 1 Supercab might get the neighbours talking. The 3.73 is not so much a surprise if the '01 L has got it with the auto 4 (wouldn't a manual 5 go good with this one with a bit more horsepower but not the gas mileage of the supercharged L). I'm thinking but ... what's coming down the pipe for 02 and 03 and 04?
sigh

Casey K

Old 01-17-2001, 10:19 AM
Cool

I like you decided that I didn't want to be hauling four people around in comfort. I just my bride, I and our children (1 German Shepherd and 2 Papillons). The SuperCrew would cramp the style of the 90 pound woofer. With the extended cab we just lift up the longer part of the rear seat and put down a foam pad and voila, she's got a place to sit, stand or sleep. We leave the fold-up seat behind the driver in the down position and seatbelt a special "doggie" bed for the 2 smallest ones. Everything works perfectly.

So, crew is now for everyone; but HD F-150 is for all

Old 01-17-2001, 11:02 AM
Cool

Just ordered a 2001 this weekend and the info at the dealer still indicates the 3.55 rearend.
Gonna say good bye to my 99 Lightning.
Anyone know if the truck will have the bedmat?

Old 01-17-2001, 07:47 PM
Thumbs up

Got ours ordered, with moonroof, heated seats, 6 disc changer, class III hitch, bedmat, front wind deflector and indoor/outdoor cover.....1% over invoice, came in just under 35K....

------------------
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and
those that have hunted armed men long enough and
liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
E. Hemingway

Quick Reply: 2001 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 Pricing Set At $34,495