throttle body spacers

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttle body spacers

I am new to this site but read it often, I am curious if anyone has tried a throttle body spacer for a 2003 f150 5.4 I have seen many from airraid on other sites anyone seen any changes from these. Thanks

Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by kingme03
I am new to this site but read it often, I am curious if anyone has tried a throttle body spacer for a 2003 f150 5.4 I have seen many from airraid on other sites anyone seen any changes from these. Thanks
Welcome to the site kingme!!!

The only change you'll see is a loud whistling noise from under the hood.. no change in performance.. TB spacers are useless in these trucks in the abscence of other mods.. Hell, maybe always useless.. lol.. spend your money on other mods..

Old 09-15-2007, 03:44 AM
throttle body spacer

Originally Posted by TexEdition
Welcome to the site kingme!!!

The only change you'll see is a loud whistling noise from under the hood.. no change in performance.. TB spacers are useless in these trucks in the abscence of other mods.. Hell, maybe always useless.. lol.. spend your money on other mods..

thanks late night buddy I do have a k&n fipk kit, magnaflow catback system, edge evolution tuner, lift, tires lotsa add ons, I have read some on better low and mid range performance. Always looking for that edge or alittle more power. I thought they would be a scam of sorts, wasnt sure. Thanks for the info!! !

Old 09-15-2007, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by kingme03
thanks late night buddy I do have a k&n fipk kit, magnaflow catback system, edge evolution tuner, lift, tires lotsa add ons, I have read some on better low and mid range performance. Always looking for that edge or alittle more power. I thought they would be a scam of sorts, wasnt sure. Thanks for the info!! !
Sounds like you have a very nice truck!!

Put the money you'd use for a tb spacer towards gears, or e-fans, or pulleys.. or just a tank of gas or two.. lol

Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by TexEdition
Sounds like you have a very nice truck!!

Put the money you'd use for a tb spacer towards gears, or e-fans, or pulleys.. or just a tank of gas or two.. lol

thought about efans thanks for info will do. I still cant believe the info on this site. Thanks again

Old 09-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
https://www.f150online.com/forums/se...archid=1251369

check out the link above, i speak from experience about the throttle body spacer being a waste of time and money they are junk and airraid refuses to respond to my questions and my offer to dyno my truck before and after thier "product" they just tell me to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes

Old 09-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for those interested-not to start any bashing- i talked to an airraid rep today at truckfest at summit racing equipment and point blank asked him how it works and what it does and told him what ive seen and heard about them
he told me you have minimal HP gains, but it helps with low end torque and works up to like 2500 rpm and he said they have had customers claim up to 3 mpg increase with this add on
I went ahead and got one, i get it for cheap with employee discount and ill try it, he said i get my money back if i dont like it and return it in less than 30 days

Old 09-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 2006M50B
for those interested-not to start any bashing- i talked to an airraid rep today at truckfest at summit racing equipment and point blank asked him how it works and what it does and told him what ive seen and heard about them
he told me you have minimal HP gains, but it helps with low end torque and works up to like 2500 rpm and he said they have had customers claim up to 3 mpg increase with this add on
I went ahead and got one, i get it for cheap with employee discount and ill try it, he said i get my money back if i dont like it and return it in less than 30 days
2 posts?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
2 posts?
Gotta start somewheres. YOUZ had two posts once, and now lookit ya

bubba

Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan

bubba
As have you, yet you still bash and think it's funny.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MGDfan

bubba
I just find it funny, that someones second post it an infomercial?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Suspended
I just find it funny, that someones second post it an infomercial?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
10-4

Old 09-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Suspended
sorry for the bad news throttle body spacer money down the drain

we tested the 1997 4.2l vin 2 with 3 very good named throttle body spacers two of them failed to start engine on first crank 70% of the time ,the 1 that did had a slow start the cold start that everbody knows about with this engine but in 75*f but when a k&n cold air intake 77-2550kp was installed i see why the spacers dont work the air box and grommits smother the engine to almost failure just buy clean air not twisted or turbelant air tornado airaid all of em sound good but straight air is the best

Old 09-16-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006M50B
he made his quota for the day put that truck on a dyno before and after

I had one on my 2001 5.4 and I gave it away because it was worthless and annoying

Quick Reply: throttle body spacers