Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM

1995 F-150 Wiring Diagram?

Anyone have a 1995 F-150 wiring diagram? I have the Clifton book with the wiring diagrams but its very vage, poorly designed, and not complete. Please help!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F250 6.8
ebay...

1995 Mustang GT Convertible, only 68K miles.
200 Ford Contour Daily drive.
2001 F250 SD, 6.8L, 4 X4.
2007 Mercury Mariner AWD - Wifey's daily driver
Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 AM

Vehicle: 1983 Ford Bronco
Never heard of Clifton - do you mean Chilton's? Is it similar to this?

What exactly are you looking for? Read these captions:

. . .
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 PM

I can't spell, thats what I meant.

I meant Clifton. I want to look at the fuel pump, fuel display, fuel guages, and dual tank switch. I need to know where to wire it/color wire to cut/wire size.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Chilton! I got it in my head that it's a Clifton.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:03 AM

Why are you cutting fuel pump & gauge wires? Click my black Bronco in my signature & read the captions in the '90-96 Fuel System album.

. . .
Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Why are you cutting fuel pump & gauge wires? Click my black Bronco in my signature & read the captions in the '90-96 Fuel System album.

I want to install a kill switch. Someone suggested to cut the fuel pump positive wire. Where would be the best place to install one? Any clue on were to find a good wiring diagram? The Ford website only goes back to 96.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:11 AM

There's already a factory kill switch in the fuel pump circuit - it's called the "Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch" and it's inside the R kick panel just below the glove box. If you cut the notch in the panel ~1" lower, you'll be able to pop the button up without removing the panel each time. Did you read those captions? The IFS is near the bottom of that album.

And I already told you where to get the wiring diagrams, in my first post in this thread. That FleetFord link is part of projectSHO's signature - it wasn't part of his reply to you; it appears under all his posts. But you probably don't need any diagrams for this. If you still want to add a switch, check this out:

. . .
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
There's already a factory kill switch in the fuel pump circuit - it's called the "Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) switch" and it's inside the R kick panel just below the glove box. If you cut the notch in the panel ~1" lower, you'll be able to pop the button up without removing the panel each time. Did you read those captions? The IFS is near the bottom of that album.

And I already told you where to get the wiring diagrams, in my first post in this thread. That FleetFord link is part of projectSHO's signature - it wasn't part of his reply to you; it appears under all his posts. But you probably don't need any diagrams for this. If you still want to add a switch, check this out:

Thanks man, I didn't ever realize the wiring diagram was in your first thread. I will go check out my eye sight out tommorow. I am going to run it in series with the IFS switch.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 PM

You're asking for trouble cutting into that circuit. Just trip the IFS when you want the truck disabled. It's even in your owner's manual as preparation for changing the fuel filter.

. . .
Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM

Hi

Quote:
You're asking for trouble cutting into that circuit. Just trip the IFS when you want the truck disabled. It's even in your owner's manual as preparation for changing the fuel filter.

Won't notching it or cutting a hole in a panaling be obvious? I would like to add a kill switch to kill the fuel system. Where would u add it to the fuel system? In series would work, right?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM

hey i got a 95 wiring harness at a local salvage ,we swapped it out in about 1 1/2 hours and the truck is shifting great running smooth. i still have to add a overdrive light and switch but getting closer to completing the swap over thanks for the diagrams and information. concerning the fuel cut off switch if you are wanting to use this as a security system or anti theft device . its probably better to put a loop and switch in your ignition relay power wire, this will disable the vehicle when switch is off and allow normal operation with the switch on. I've seen a few done this way back years ago and i don't think it would create any other major problems.
cwthill-:-craig hill central,Florida 97 f150 4.6L, 4r70w, 3:55ls,stock,cold air intake,pioneer 6 disc,285/mickey thompsons on rear
Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINTER78 View Post
Won't notching it or cutting a hole in a panaling be obvious?
No, it's under the dash. Have you looked at yours yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINTER78 View Post
I would like to add a kill switch to kill the fuel system. Where would u add it to the fuel system? In series would work, right?
You're asking about adding a switch to a circuit that already has a switch that does exactly what you're trying to do. It's like trying to add a switch to make the horn blow - there's ALREADY ONE to do that. Chop up your wiring if you want.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 PM