Power seats and adjustable pedals not working-Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power seats and adjustable pedals not working-Help

I've discovered the the power drivers seat and the adjustable pedals have stopped working on my 2004 Lariet. I have checked the fuse and it wasn't blown. I even exchanged it with another 30A that I knew was working and no luck. Can someone with more 12V knowledge help me out?

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
On the Lariat you have memory settings on the side of the seat.

This is for both the seat and the pedals, both run through the Driver Seat Module.

The fuses for this are F109 ( one you checked ) and F3.

T1. Check Fuse F3

Have you had the seat out for anything ? The Driver Seat module is under the seat by the heated seat module.

There are 3 connectors on the seat module:
1. 24 pin gray, 2 rows of 12 pins
2. 2 pin gray, 1 row of 2 pins - This has fuse F109 in it, Dark Blue wire, pin 1
3. 10 pin gray, 2 rows of 5 pins - This has Fuse F3 in it, Orange w/ light green stripe wire pin 1

T2. If both fuses are good, use a meter to check for power at the drivers seat module. Use a good ground under the dash, verified by testing for power in the cigar lighter or power port on the instrument panel.

T3. If power is present at the driver seat module on pin1 on both connectors, use the ground for the seat module to test for ground.
2 pin connector has Fuse F109 and ground only ( black wire is on pin 2 ).
10 pin connector has ground on pin 6, black wire. This is also the same ground to the seat position switch.

From the diagrams it looks like the seat would move if the sensors had a problem, that is for the memory control of the position.

One thing, the 2004 owners manual shows Fuse F3 as 5 A, and the 2006 shows this as 7.5 A. Don't know why there was a change, but righ tnow stick with the fuse values in your owners manual.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ron28
I've discovered the the power drivers seat and the adjustable pedals have stopped working on my 2004 Lariet. I have checked the fuse and it wasn't blown. I even exchanged it with another 30A that I knew was working and no luck. Can someone with more 12V knowledge help me out?
About the only thing these two systems have in common is the "memory" feature if you open the truck with a key fob. They use different motors and different switches.

Have you looked at fuse #3? This is a 5 A fuse on my 2005 that feeds both systems.

(And Steve jumped right in here while I was distracted, with his usual good advice)!

- Jack

Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I had the same problem with my 2005 lariat..The drivers side seat, the pedal adjust and also both side mirrors had no power.. The solution for me was a wire splice in the wiring harness directly below the fuse block. It is two orange with green stripe wires spliced into one orange with green spliced wire. You will have to cut the black tape wrapping from the harness just before it gets to the floor panel on the passenger side. It is a factory splice with friction tape. The splice i had had corroded. I just cut the splice out and respliced and i fixed all my problems.. I had gotten this from another post so i know my problem was not unique so i hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by TnQuadF150
I had the same problem with my 2005 lariat..The drivers side seat, the pedal adjust and also both side mirrors had no power.. The solution for me was a wire splice in the wiring harness directly below the fuse block. It is two orange with green stripe wires spliced into one orange with green spliced wire. You will have to cut the black tape wrapping from the harness just before it gets to the floor panel on the passenger side. It is a factory splice with friction tape. The splice i had had corroded. I just cut the splice out and respliced and i fixed all my problems.. I had gotten this from another post so i know my problem was not unique so i hope this helps.
I had the exact same problem. Fixed the bad corroded splice and all was good!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
i had the same exact problem and that worked for me too. thanks for the help it saved me time and money.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Can you give better instructions on how to do this? I think this will fix the problem that I have with my 2004 lariat 4x4 screw.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by kegnison
I had the exact same problem. Fixed the bad corroded splice and all was good!
Saved my *** today on 97 f150. Right where you guys said. THANKS

Old 05-19-2013, 11:33 AM
This forum rocks! I have had the same problem for 4 years now. Bought a new seat module back in '08, but never got around to doing it. A quick check on here led me to the splice problem. I found a similar splice problem concerning the drivers door. The "purple wire splice" saved me a ton of money, as did this one. Thanks again to all who contributed to this fix.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:30 AM
My 2004 Lariat had the same faults, drivers seat, power mirrors & adjustable pedals not working, I found a wiring diagram which showed the power feed wire as orange with a light green trace, the connection in loom under l/h front sill trim was badly corroded, it broke when i wiggled it, two orange/ light green wires into a red wire which heads off to the fuse box, a simple crimp connector fixed the problem.

My truck has been converted to r/h drive, some of the parts may be in different locations.

Old 12-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Broken power seat,power pedals and mirrors

Fixed problem of power seat on 07 f150 today using tnquadf150 instructions worked perfectly. Took pictures not sure how to post but his directions were good enuff don't really need me. I did not think my wires would be the same but it was exact same issue. Ford should be paying for it not me out freezing working on it thx all!

Old 06-15-2016, 09:25 AM
I have same problem with our 04 f150 lariet drivers seat and pedals not working. I found the bad wire under fuse block and performed the repair but still no luck....Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Power seats and adjustable pedals not working-Help