Washing a vehicle in the city...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Washing a vehicle in the city...

Sucks! Basically I moved from the country to Tallahassee. I live in an apartment complex (nice place) but I brought all my detailing stuff and there isn't one water spigot! So I had to use my GPS and find some car washing places. Super Suds had one of those revolving deathtraps...no thanks...so I found a pull-through place where you insert a dollar and it gives you 5 mins of water (plus deterent, etc) but ehh... it sucks washing a vehicle with a limited supply of water (reason being I NEVER carry cash, all I use is plastic).

Old 08-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get yourself some onr

Old 08-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Self serve car washes in FL are numerous especially due to water restrictions. So I'm betting there are many in the area. Most now take credit cards as well. Go in the evening when they are not busy, fill up a couple of buckets. Wash your car quickly and then reactivate the wash and rinse it off.

You should always have a couple of dollars in your wallet. I really don't see this as a big deal.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:39 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
X1 on the ONR. I'm sure you can fill a bucket inside the apartment somehow.

http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Optimum.html

Optimum No Rinse Wash

No Rinse™ Wash & Shine is the most technologically advanced car wash system that only requires 1-2 gallons of water to wash the entire car. No Rinse™ Wash & Shine does not require rinsing since there are no soapy surfactants to wash off into the storm drains.
This unique product contains substantive polymers which bond to the paint and protect it during the wash. Therefore, No Rinse™ Wash & Shine offers greater protection and lubricity than conventional car washes leaving a sleek & glossy finish behind afterwards.
Additional benefits are faster washes, ability to wash anywhere at anytime including washing inside the garage during the cold months, no messy water runoffs, and greater looking car finishes. These are some of the reasons No Rinse™ Wash & Shine is being used by many professional detailers across the country.
No Rinse™ Wash & Shine can also be used to wash motorhomes, motorcycles, boats, and planes.

I believe he offers a discount to forum members.

If the truck is really dirty or muddy, just head over to a self-service wash first and blast the heavy crap off with the machine in the rinse mode. Then just drive it back home and use the ONR.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM

Ah cool, thanks glc.

I found one single spigot in the back of the maintenance building, so I'm at my parents house right now picking up a hose so I don't have to pay to wash my truck. Next time I get a few bucks I'll try that ONR

-Alex

Old 08-17-2009, 01:36 AM
You should always have a few dollars with you.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
You should always have a few dollars with you.
true, but long story short i have an out-of-state account that there are no banks for it, and i dont like to get raped by ATMs and it is my only source of funds right now... so im good for now point being

Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
true, but long story short i have an out-of-state account that there are no banks for it, and i dont like to get raped by ATMs and it is my only source of funds right now... so im good for now point being
Ok... I'd rather pay the fees then get stranded somewhere with just plastic. It can cost worlds more then the fees. I can't get into how I know on the internet.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 AM
X3 on the ONR, Ive seen it used and it does a really good job. I have it sitting in my detail cabinet for a month now but probably wont use it until the winter. Plus you can use it as a quick detailer, and clay lube.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Go buy something at Walmart using the debit card as debit (PIN) and get cash back, up to $100. No bank or Walmart charges.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
DP waterless auto wash.

Quick Reply: Washing a vehicle in the city...