Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Care & Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
Question Has anyone tried this product... Autozone Engine Degreaser

the autozone engine degreaser cleaner...has anyone tried it i was goin to clean my diff cover and undercarriage with it....and then i was goin to use my pressure washer on it...and also is a pressure washer to powerful to use under my truck to clean it...thanks for ur help...
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
2006 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F 150
I've always used full strength Simple Green for degreasing. I'd be careful around brake lines, etc. under there, but I'd still use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24 View Post
Damn that looks good! I want to do that to my rear end at some point. Always loved the shaved rears :rocker:
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2007 Ford F-150
My Garage

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
No a pressure washer is a good thing to use. Just try to avoid soaking your engine. Engines are not really meant to get wet or soaked for that matter.

Today I pressure washed my under body and I made sure is was completely dry and clean. I then got about 10 cans of High Gloss Black Rustoleum Industrial Grade Metal Spray Paint and I spray painted the frame, driveshaft, diff, rear axle, and any other places that were painted black from the factory.

The shine looks insane!!! I then let it dry for about 5 hours and then took it to class and it now looks like crap... but it I know it won't rust, corrode, and it will wash off really easily. Not to mention the insane shine with no need of tire shine!!!

I totally forgot to take pictures... but next time I wash it I'll take some pictures. It still looks insane even after some sand and dirty water got on it.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150 Sport
Yeah, I've used it...and wasn't impressed. I think SG is cheaper, better, and safer. No...I know it.

Don't go that route. If you already bought it, use it to clean your frame or something. Not the engine--so you had the right idea. The pressure washer should be fine as long as you're careful. Start a bit away and using a lower pressure nozzle if you can, then learn your limits...

Have fun.
Leer camper shell
A/T tires
plenty of strobes.... Yay for Firefighters!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
I don't think you want use a pressure washer Matt****son. Just run the hose over it without the nozzel. Matter of fact I have a hose I cut the metal end off to keep it from scratching anything like, the fender.

"CD2 Engine Detailing Kit." I know K-Mart sells it. $7.00.

The first part of the kit is a degreaser. However, the second product is incredible. Its an engine shine product. It adds a non greasy gloss to the hoses and plastics that will blow you away.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Garage is empty, add now

i wasnt goin to use the degreaser on the engine or the pressure washer....im goin to use them strictly underneath the truck...
Old 03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
Obviously I was, corn-fused Matt. My apologies.

However, I really think you'll like the "CD2 Engine Detailing Kit." Step two is what I like about it the most--no work involved--spray it on and close the hood.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Garage is empty, add now

i will check out that engine cleaner kit...but we dont have a kmart hopefully they sell it at autozone or wally world...
Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 PM