Has anyone tried this product... Autozone Engine Degreaser

Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone tried this product... Autozone Engine Degreaser

the autozone engine degreaser cleaner...has anyone tried it i was goin to clean my diff cover and undercarriage with it....and then i was goin to use my pressure washer on it...and also is a pressure washer to powerful to use under my truck to clean it...thanks for ur help...

Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've always used full strength Simple Green for degreasing. I'd be careful around brake lines, etc. under there, but I'd still use it.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
No a pressure washer is a good thing to use. Just try to avoid soaking your engine. Engines are not really meant to get wet or soaked for that matter.

Today I pressure washed my under body and I made sure is was completely dry and clean. I then got about 10 cans of High Gloss Black Rustoleum Industrial Grade Metal Spray Paint and I spray painted the frame, driveshaft, diff, rear axle, and any other places that were painted black from the factory.

The shine looks insane!!! I then let it dry for about 5 hours and then took it to class and it now looks like crap... but it I know it won't rust, corrode, and it will wash off really easily. Not to mention the insane shine with no need of tire shine!!!

I totally forgot to take pictures... but next time I wash it I'll take some pictures. It still looks insane even after some sand and dirty water got on it.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I've used it...and wasn't impressed. I think SG is cheaper, better, and safer. No...I know it.

Don't go that route. If you already bought it, use it to clean your frame or something. Not the engine--so you had the right idea. The pressure washer should be fine as long as you're careful. Start a bit away and using a lower pressure nozzle if you can, then learn your limits...

Have fun.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 AM
I don't think you want use a pressure washer Matt****son. Just run the hose over it without the nozzel. Matter of fact I have a hose I cut the metal end off to keep it from scratching anything like, the fender.

"CD2 Engine Detailing Kit." I know K-Mart sells it. $7.00.

The first part of the kit is a degreaser. However, the second product is incredible. Its an engine shine product. It adds a non greasy gloss to the hoses and plastics that will blow you away.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:24 AM
i wasnt goin to use the degreaser on the engine or the pressure washer....im goin to use them strictly underneath the truck...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Obviously I was, corn-fused Matt. My apologies.

However, I really think you'll like the "CD2 Engine Detailing Kit." Step two is what I like about it the most--no work involved--spray it on and close the hood.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
i will check out that engine cleaner kit...but we dont have a kmart hopefully they sell it at autozone or wally world...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone tried this product... Autozone Engine Degreaser