2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford Stands Behind Their Product

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Stands Behind Their Product

Just wanted to give praise where it's due. On previous post I had 2007 KR that was ticking, badly. Took to dealer. Truck had dropped a valve in #1 cylinder. Chewed up head and cylinder. Fortunately when I purchased truck used I purchased Ford esp warranty. Dealer replaced engine no hassle. Got truck back today and it's an entirely new beast. I know it was under warranty but it was sure nice to have no hassle and turnaround time of 6 days. I hope to be enjoying this truck for several years.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:30 AM
Good to hear a warranty finally paid off, most of the time it doesn't.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Yeah I read some of the horror stories. I was worried until svc mngr called and said it was all gonna be covered. Hopefully wont need it again

Old 05-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Good to read another good tale ..... and your problem was not common. I have seen a '06 5.4 with 417,xxx miles that was finally replaced (not warranty!) due to low oil pressure, truck still working for the farmer.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Tbear, wow 417k!! That is awesome. Nice to hear too. I had 1998 SCAB 4x4 I traded it on the 2007. It had 305000 and was still going when i traded it. 4.6 in that one.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I got the ESP on mine... have had to use it in the past. But other than that, knock on wood, everything has been running good.

I had a '03 Ford Escape a while back, and that thing used to eat transmissions. 4 transmissions by 90k. The dealer was perplexed, and it was always the same thing. But I drove that thing like a bat out of hell, so that could've been the culprit. Even though the SM said it shouldn't break that quick.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I had a '03 Ford Escape a while back, and that thing used to eat transmissions. 4 transmissions by 90k. The dealer was perplexed, and it was always the same thing. But I drove that thing like a bat out of hell, so that could've been the culprit. Even though the SM said it shouldn't break that quick.
The transmission is the "weak link" in the Escape power train -- I think it's the same transmission that they put in the old Contour passenger vehicle (?). Changing transmission fluid frequently and religiously tends to be your best line of defense -- I do the fluid on my wife's Escape every 25k and haven't had a lick of trouble at 150,000 miles and counting.

Other Escape enthusiasts will simply do a partial transmission fluid drain at every oil change -- there is actually a drain plug in the transmission pan that makes this very easy to do. Pull the plug, let what drains out drain out, and then top off with a like amount of fresh fluid. While this process never provides a complete drain and fill, the theory is that constantly replenishing the old fluid with a partial amount of new fluid is equivalent to doing a full exchange every 30k.

To the OP -- consider yourself one of the fortunate ones, as most people don't actually get their money's worth out of the ESP's. If they did, the ESP program would be out of business.....

Old 05-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
The transmission is the "weak link" in the Escape power train -- I think it's the same transmission that they put in the old Contour passenger vehicle (?). Changing transmission fluid frequently and religiously tends to be your best line of defense -- I do the fluid on my wife's Escape every 25k and haven't had a lick of trouble at 150,000 miles and counting.

Other Escape enthusiasts will simply do a partial transmission fluid drain at every oil change -- there is actually a drain plug in the transmission pan that makes this very easy to do. Pull the plug, let what drains out drain out, and then top off with a like amount of fresh fluid. While this process never provides a complete drain and fill, the theory is that constantly replenishing the old fluid with a partial amount of new fluid is equivalent to doing a full exchange every 30k.

To the OP -- consider yourself one of the fortunate ones, as most people don't actually get their money's worth out of the ESP's. If they did, the ESP program would be out of business.....
Yes, the CD4E with the modified pto housing for viscous coupling 4x4. Was never meant for a suv.

I never bothered with the fluid swaps... dealer said to leave it alone.

I did got my money's worth out of my Escape's ESP and that ain't no lie.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:44 AM
I ll agree most probably dont. It's a roll of the dice. But in my case new engine was 5200 + 2000 install (dealership price). If i never get another dime out of this warranty, it's paid for itself in one fail swoop. Like insurance, i ve paid thousands over the years and i havent filed a claim in over 20 ( knock on wood).

Quick Reply: Ford Stands Behind Their Product