2004 - 2008 F-150

Quick question about the dome light in a XLT

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question about the dome light in a XLT

Does anyone know witch fuse and witch relay controlls the dome light? Ive looked in the owners manual and either Im not seeing it or its not there. I see no listing for the map lights.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by 4RDFMLY
Does anyone know witch fuse and witch relay controlls the dome light? Ive looked in the owners manual and either Im not seeing it or its not there. I see no listing for the map lights.
What is the root problem? Dome light not work and maps do? Try the switch on the dome light....

Old 02-02-2007, 03:06 PM
no no the truck was fine and then I got in and started it and the windows wont go down the speedo and the tack arent working, the airbag light is on and the radio wont work and the maplights wont work?

Old 02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Come on guys any ideas?

Old 02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
well, all those things are grounded at the side of the cab... Ford likes to use green bolts for grounds.

A place to start. Check the voltage on the battery, check to see if your headlights work, how bright. Check the battery terminals.

Good luck, keep us posted
Chris

Old 02-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Yea the headlights work great nice and bright. So does every other acc like mirrors, heater, a/c and so on. Thats why I feel like there must be a relay bad somewhere something that distributes power to all the stuff not working. I just cant find it.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Well, that would be the Battery saver relay. It shares all those units.
I'm not sure where it is located, but I'll skim through the manual.

Chris

adding. The battery saver relay is on the main fuse box, at least according to the CD.

editing again...
It has the instrument cluster, the vanity mirror left and right, the various map lights etc. (those are different each body model).
But the air bag seems to be routed through the horn relay???
Does the horn work?
The stuff like the cluster (so the odometer will light up when you open the door) the domelights, the various lights, the Pats system, route through the delay circuit. I can’t verify the airbag light.

They all ground through the green bolt by the parking brake.

Did you just add something, work on something, repair something?

Last edited by ChrisAdams; 02-03-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Chris yes the horn does work. And yes I had my overhead console down so I could replace the map lights and when I put it back up I think I may have accidently pinched the wires to my Homelink add-on witch is tapped into the map light harness.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by 4RDFMLY
Chris yes the horn does work. And yes I had my overhead console down so I could replace the map lights and when I put it back up I think I may have accidently pinched the wires to my Homelink add-on witch is tapped into the map light harness.
Hope you've got it fixed. The delay relay (battery saver) is probably not working, and probably because of the work. When bug hunting the first question should always be "what did you just have done". Works on computers, and on vehicles.
Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. Objects you touch tend to fall over...
Anyway let me know if you need any schematics, etc. I won't post them (copyright...) but I will e-mail you PDF's if you need em.

Chris

Quick Reply: Quick question about the dome light in a XLT