1997 - 2003 F-150

has anyone used 1A parts front end kit ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone used 1A parts front end kit ??

There a somewhat local internet sales / repair facility that sells a front end rebuild kit which consists of upper and lower ball joints . inner and outer tie rods with sleeves . pitman arm and idler arm for the unbelievable price of 155.00 . supposedly comes with 2 year warranty on all parts under normal use . company is 1 A parts . has anyone used this stuff ?? and what results ??

Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I usually use RockAuto.com

Old 07-04-2015, 10:29 AM
does rockauto offer a kit at the same or close price ??

Old 07-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
DON'T BUY CHEAP PARTS!
DON'T BUY CHEAP PARTS!!!
DON'T BUY CHEAP PARTS!!!!!

I'm yelling this at myself as much as at you ...

Some years ago, my '99 needed some front end parts. Tempted by the low price, I bought a similar kit for a similar price. When I compared the new parts to the factory parts, I wasn't sure I wanted to install them ... the factory parts just looked so much nicer! The new parts went back into the box and sat on a shelf.

Fast forward a few years, things have changed in my life and I'm only driving the truck a few thousand miles a year. I figure I'll just install the "new" parts and even if they only last 20K miles, that might be 4-5 years.

Problems appear just after the install when I discover I can't pump grease into the lower ball joints (the zerk is there, but the grease just won't go in). At 3500 miles after install (and 3 years, lol), the front end squeaked so bad I was embarrassed to drive the truck. I just replaced all the parts with Moog parts last weekend.

Cliff notes: Cheap parts may not last as long as parts of a better quality.

What quality of parts to buy may come down to your future plans for the truck ...

Old 07-07-2015, 09:45 AM
fairlaner , I am in a similar situation will not be driving it crazy amount of miles this truck only has 38k original on it and spent most of its life as a yard around town truck and being that I am just getting over my 2nd back surgery ( back to back ) no pun intended I just dont have a lot of spare $$ so for for just under 350 I can do pitman arm , idler arm , upper control arms , lower control arms inner and outer tie rods with sleeves basically entire front end for cheap and if they only last 20 to 30 k I am good with that

Old 07-21-2015, 11:50 AM
The parts can be bought cheaper online than from A1 auto. While I love their youtube videos and would like to support their business because of their Forum activity, their prices are terrible.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:04 PM
oops...wrong thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
There is a wide variation in parts listed by rockauto. If you want the cheap stuff, they have it too.
I just replaced my tie rod ends, and idler arm with Moog parts bought there. I still need to replace my LCA ball joints with the Moog joints bought at rockauto. Upper joints are tight. Last I need to replace my driver's side bearing hub again. I bought Motorcraft this time also from rockauto. I bought some Energy Suspension sway bar end links from my local Autozone that I need to replace also. The rubber bushings were cracked all the way through and the sway bar wasn't doing anything.

Quick Reply: has anyone used 1A parts front end kit ??