Help P.o.s. Ford

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help P.o.s. Ford

allright once again i am having problems with a 1999 f150 that only has 55,000 miles on it!!!!

if it isnt piston slap its the brakes.....if its not the brakes its the transmission...if its not the transmission its the windshield wipers turning on when ever they want....are the tack sticking at 2k rpm's i can go on and on

anyways to the matter at hand....i had ford replace the rotors at 36000 miles under warranty well now at 55,000 miles they are shot i mean gone when i hit the brakes at around 40-45 the vibratrion is sooo bad i see my bed bouncing!!!!! anyways im just looking for the best advice on what to do...should i have them turned get new pads and see how that works or should i just get the slotted rotors and new pads and call it good???? questions opinions??

anyways if anyone wanted a heads up on why alot of people have brake problems with the f150. i talked to my uncle who is powertrain engineer at ford "pretty high up on the ol' corporate ladder" anyways he said that ford put too small of brakes on the truck and that the weight of the truck is too much for the brakes......i mean come on how long has ford been making trucks and they make such an ignorant mistake as that????? it makes me never want to buy another ford after all of these problems ive had!!!!!

Old 10-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Raybone,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I just had my front pads replaced for the second time at 76k. Rotors are still excellent, no warpage at all.

If I had to replace them I think I'd go with the powerslots. I tried the Hawk HPS pads at this change. They feel great!! Stops are much smoother and quicker. I got mine from raceshopper.com for about $54. They also sell the powerslots

Seems as though you'll probably have to replace the rotors with the issues you're having. Do a search on "Powerslots" and I think you'll find out some positive feedback. I've also heard good things about the Brembo replacement rotors.

Good Luck,

John

Old 11-01-2002, 01:46 AM
I just replaced my stock rotors with the Powerslots...I like them but I'm still not sure they are worth the money. I think you should consider replacing the rotors. You can get Brembo replacement rotors for around $45.00 from Tirerack.com. These aren't slotted or cross-drilled but I think that from a great company like Brembo you would see a big improvement from the Ford rotors.

Old 11-01-2002, 09:56 AM
I see alot of rotors on the newer cars and trucks being warped by people tighting the lug nuts to tight. This is very bad if you rotate your tires like they want you to. (more chances to over tighten) If you are haveing that much trouble you may want to use a torque wrench to get put them on this time. Try it and see if it helps. It is already to late for your rotors now but it may improve your chances next time. Just a thought.

mike

Quick Reply: Help P.o.s. Ford