Bridgestone Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bridgestone Fans?

Okay how about Bridgestone? It seems everytime I call someone about tires, they all have mentioned the Bridgestone Dueler AT. Even when I called the tirerack, they mentioned it to me. And my local tire shop.

I just don't know what to think about this tire. I have read the reviews about it on tirerack, but they are mixed. What do you all think? Anyone got these tires, and do they handle good in the SNOW!!

I apprecaite you all helping me out. Thanks again.

Old 09-12-2002, 11:49 AM
I have a set of the Dueler AT's and I have liked them. They are sitting in storage in my garage for now (they came off of my '97) for when I finnaly decide to rid myself of the Wrangler RTS that I have on my '99.

Decent price, good all around performance, not terribly loud, and they come with a 50,000 mile treadlife warranty. Not the best in Mud, but then its an AT tire, not a mud tire. I used them on my 2 wheel drive '97 and I got around just fine in the winter time here in Minnesota. I'd definitely buy another set. I've got about 25,000 miles on the set in storage and tire wear has been just fine. I expect to get 60,000 miles out of a set of tires, and these will make it there easily.

One concern some people have had is they are still made by the company that brought the wonderful Wilderness AT debacle - ie Bridgestone / Firestone.

Other tires I would consider include the Michelin LTX M+S or AT. I have the AT's on my Jeep and they handle very well, although they are a bit spendy. A ton of folks here swear by them, and I don't disagree...

Old 09-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Check out the new Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo. More aggressive tread pattern and is still supposed to run quiet.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:10 AM
I just got a set of the Dueler AT's on my truck last week. I am LOVING them! The Goodyears are crap compared to them. I don't slide nearly as much in the rain, and anything can be better then those goodyears in the snow! How I hated those tires...

As far as reviews, the one I saw at Tire Rack was not mixed at all. Very good ratings all around.

I have the standard Uni-T tread, not the Revo. The Revo's are hard to get. I assume the strike by the dock workers on the west coast may have somethnig to do with it if they were built outside of the US or Canada.

These tires on my truck are QUIET! I could not believe how quiet they were while I was driving.

So far I am extremely pleased with the purchase that I made and can not be happier.

Remember that Bridgestone has the 30-day money back guarantee on their rubber.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:53 AM
I'm a BIG fan of the Bridgestone Dueler AT. I had them as replacement tires on my '94 F150 4x4. My new 2001 F150 has Goodyear RTS Wranglers. There is no doubt that the Bridgestone is far superior. The road to our cabin isn't plowed in the winter so I have to wade the snow. My '94 with the Bridgestones would take more snow than my '01 despite the fact that the '94 sat lower on 15" wheels versus 17" on the new truck. The Bridgestones are quiet and wear well. The only downside I could detect was that the sidewalls seemed stiffer to me resulting in a slightly harsher ride. If it wasn't a $600 bill, I'd dump my RTS tires right now to get the Bridgestones. Unfortunately, the RTS's seem to be wearing well . . . . .

Old 10-28-2002, 10:56 AM
another thought on the Bridgestone Dueler AT. One of the things that attracted my to the tire was the fact that it is relatively heavily siped. The sipes are important for ice and rain traction. Many ATs and Mud tires have virtually no siping making them great in mud and snow but awful in everyday use in rain and ice. Whatever you buy, make sure the tire is well siped. Or, if you really like some other tire but the siping is poor, go to someplace like Tire Plus and run the tires through their siping machine.

Old 10-31-2002, 09:40 PM
BFG AT

A friend of mine had the Bridgestone Duelers on his truck and I had the BFG All Terrains on mine - in the dry dirt off road, he usually handled better than me. But, in the mud or snow the BFG's could run circles around him while he was stuck.

Of course, he was driving a Chevy at that time...

Our Expedition has some Bridgestone Duellers on it with 40,000 miles and they probably still have half their tread life left... looks like they last longer that the BFG's.

I went with the BFG Mud Terrain this time around, great off-road traction.

Old 11-01-2002, 10:20 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the AT Revos installed 2 weeks ago. 60k miles on the OEM Goodyear AT/S tires and winter coming. I was pretty set on the Geolander AT Plus II, but this Revo came out in August and has favorable recomendations from Tirerack and should last longer. Looks cool too, really cool. This is my wife's truck and I don't drive it often, but so far I like them. A little quieter than the old ATS and much softer ride (probably because of age mostly). I will get a couple hundred miles this weeked so more feedback. I haven't driven it in any rain yet, but no complaits from my wife yet.

I've got some pictures on the dirty truck. We do mostly street driving with light towing and light loads usually, but take some 4-wheelers to some trails a few times a year. I wanted the Michelin LTX AT, but it isn't availible for the 17" rims. The LTX MS would have suited our driving perfect i imagine, but they look like passenger tires to me, not pickup let alone 4x4 tires. I liked the AT/S quite a bit, look and performance, except as they wore. Last winter with 45k miles they didn't do too well and rain all summer was twitchy with the 5.4L, despite having a bunch of tread left. Performance dropped off substantially from when he tires were new.

So far I highly recommend the AT Revo. Got mine from Luke @ Tirerack x362 who has actually driven on a couple vehicles with them. About $600 after shipping and installation.

Aaron

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Fans?