Brake Job

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Job

72,000 miles and no problems with the brakes but probably need to get them done .

Ford place wants ~$190/axle , I'm thinking that is a little much. What are some better and cheaper places to get a brake job, I'm in Houston and if you know of a local shop that does a good job, let me know.

Old 11-09-2001, 04:15 AM
What kind of brake job are you talking about???

Most dealers have a standard charge of about $129.00 for front pads/labor for the OEM pads.

Old 11-12-2001, 01:07 PM
I believe they were talking about pads, and turning rotors. Putting this on hold until I figure out my Tranny problem....

Old 11-12-2001, 01:21 PM
Northside

If you are on the northside, check out American Brake & Muffler on the 45 N feeder in the Woodlands. The owner, Gene, is a straight shooter and won't sell you something you don't need.

Or, if you want to supply pizza & beer, you can come up sometime and try it yourself. If you aren't getting any pedal vibration when braking, odds are your rotors don't need to be turned. Lifetime pads at O'Reilly are less than 30 bucks per axle. Taking your sweet time, the whole job (without bringing the rotors in to be turned or the time to pickup parts) is probably 45 minutes per axle. You will use a can or two of brak cleaner if you are fussy.

Chuck

Old 12-02-2001, 12:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Tommie Vaughn Ford charged me $346 for turning the drums and rotors, and new shoes and pads. Not too much lower, but better. They did an outstanding job, though. One of their older(wiser) techs did my brake job. Nice to know some guys that actually know how to fix a vehicle are still out there,,,,98

Quick Reply: Brake Job