2014 F-150 EcoBoost Tire Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 F-150 EcoBoost Tire Suggestions?

Hey guys,

I have a 2014 F150 EcoBoost XLT SuperCrew 4x4 (3.55 gears) with about 41,000 miles. I currently have the stock Michelin LTX A/T2's (265/70/17). I probably have at least another 10,000 miles on these tires if not more, but I need to start considering other tires in the near future.

These have been excellent tires so I may be inclined to just get another set of these. As much as I would love to throw a set of XD Addicts and 35s on this truck, I have decided I would like to keep this truck as stock as possible (it is completely stock still). At this point the stock tire size or something similar is probably in my best interest at this point. I wouldn't mind something more aggressive, but don't want to hurt the ride, quietness, or gas mileage. Not sure how much gas mileage I would lose going to a 33" A/T tire. A tire that would look a bit more aggressive and "clean" on my stock wheels would be great.

Any feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated. If I need to provide more details as to what I want or don't want please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Anyone have any suggestions? Even if it is just a brand?

Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I put a set of Yokohama tires on the 2004 I had in your exact size. Loved the tires. Wet or dry traction was great, ride was slick as glass and smooth. Handling was absolutely fantastic. They're at Discount Tire, if you have them in your area. Or America's Tire, which is the same company. I bought this particular tire to carry more air which translates into better fuel mileage. At 51lb of air, you would expect the ride quality to disappear, it didn't. It rode better than the Michelin LTXs I had. The LTX tire is a good one, no doubt, but as they age they get like iron and ride like it too. I'm not a Michelin fan for just that reason. Ride, traction, and handling all go away with age with Michelin tires. Couldn't tell you about any snow or ice. We rarely wear coat here. Snow and ice is a "northern" problem. We fight the heat and the Yokohamas do great in the heat.
Here's the tire I would recommend. It has an expected 70,000 mile warranty.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...yk-htx/p/24259

Old 07-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree with above...Michelin has had some real QA issues and lawsuits ........ the oe's get the top of the line inspected tires from Michelin, everything else goes to the consumer...... I have been running Yoko's for 15 years on all but one of my vehicles ......they stand behind their tires (unlike Michelin) and as stated above....wear, ride, traction, handling is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I had Yokohama Geolander A/Ts on my old truck and they were great tires.

The tires Labnerd linked are very reasonable too in terms of price.

Thanks.