Grinding of the brakes....Pads are good

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ck that on being retired......give me 6 and these folks that fly them purple & white cargo jets can have it. Then its on to huntn,fishin, golfn, and my 67 mustang.

hump.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griding of brakes but all looks good

Originally Posted by Humpbackshooter
Need advise on grinding of the front brakes.Can't seem to find any thing on this.

2002 F150
4X4
121,000 mi
Bought new in the fall if 01

Problem:
Can feel a grinding when I get on the brakes. Sometimes its worse than other times. There is no sound of metal on metal....just the a "sound" that maybe is like a rubber vibration or something. Cant really explain it.
Have pulled the wheels and check the pads....plenty of pad left. Rotors are in good shape also.

Talked with my NAPA dealer and he said to have the rotors turned. So I carried them down to our local "Gateway Tire & Auto Center" and had them turn em.

After about 3/4 weeks....they are doing the same thing.

I don't pull much...a fishing boat ( Aluminum ) or a ski boat ...( ski boat has surge brakes on it )My thoughts are...to replace the pads.......Wagner's TQreplace the rotors.......?
and maybe the calibers too.

Pads have been replaced before.....NAPA
Rotors have been replaced too......NAPA also.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Hump/ Phil
ne & my dad had the same problem but different solutions. Mine were the slide pins were froze up & wouldn’t allow the caliper to operate corectly. So i just removed both boots & both pins cleaned them & reloobed the reassembled it all & works like new. But my dad’s problem ended up being his spindles went bad & sure enough we replaced them & that fixed his problem so I’d suggest cleaning your slide pins first and if that doesn’t do then take a close look at your spindles hope i could help

Old 08-16-2022, 10:26 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
You replied to a 7 year old post........

Quick Reply: Grinding of the brakes....Pads are good