Old 06-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Choosing Wheels

Current setup:
2006 crew cab 2WD
6" suspension + 3" body lift
Eagle Alloy 079 20x9 -12OT 4.466BS
Nitto TG 325/60r20

Stance is pretty wide. Sometimes I like it... sometimes I think it's maybe a bit too wide. I have a feeling that if it sat narrow and tall, I'd probably hate it.

I also like the deep dish look. Not a fan of having the wheel flush with the face.

So, I need new tires and I'm using it as an excuse to update things a bit. Want to do a clean matte/satin black wheel. Really like the XD Strike a lot. But I'm not sure I like my options on wheel config.

20x9 has +18OT 5.71BS - I'm concerned this will look too "flush" and sit too narrow for my taste.

20x10 has -24OT 4.56BS - I'm concerned this will sit way too wide. Like 2" total wider than my current setup.

Thoughts? Anyone have pics with the XD Strike wheels? Anyone know of a similar style wheel that I may get closer to my specs on?

Thanks

Old 06-22-2015, 11:28 PM
IMHO I like the wheels out past the fenders. My wheels are a +25 offset and i added 2" wheel spacers to it hold me over until i can get new wheels. I loved my new set-up over stock for about 3 months, and then i wanted more! (thats why i added the spacers a few weeks ago) I always consider it like tires and lifts... If you "settle" for what you think you will like, you will always want bigger... i know from personal experience!

old setup

new setup

Old 06-22-2015, 11:30 PM
IMHO I like the wheels out past the fenders. My wheels are a +25 offset and i added 2" wheel spacers to it hold me over until i can get new wheels. I loved my new set-up over stock for about 3 months, and then i wanted more! (thats why i added the spacers a few weeks ago) I always consider it like tires and lifts... If you "settle" for what you think you will like, you will always want bigger... i know from personal experience!

old setup

new setup

Old 06-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't you guys with the wheels sticking out of the fenders have issues with rocks/dirt getting kicked up and scratching up the paint?

Brian

Old 06-23-2015, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hawkz28
Don't you guys with the wheels sticking out of the fenders have issues with rocks/dirt getting kicked up and scratching up the paint?

Brian
I have not really seen any issues with damage from it, but the truck gets absolutely filthy very fast due to it.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Thanks HillCountry. I think my setup sits about the same as yours does with my Eagle wheels. I'm happy with that stance. Not sure about going wider though.

Now I'm looking at a 20" Fuel Trophy wheel that has 0 backspacing. That might be a good compromise. Bring things in a little bit, but not too much.

Here's a pic of my truck with the brand new shoes 4 years ago. We just stripped the wrap and getting ready to install a new one. Need some new shoes to go with it and breath some new life into the beast for her 10th birthday coming up

Old 06-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkz28

Brian
I find not driving it helps with this

I have only put about 500 miles on my truck this year. I keep up with the wax on the lower body portion and have had good luck. Avoiding dirt roads and bad streets helps too.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:41 PM
These are sexy, but probably a little expensive. They fit the slightly protruding stance and deep dish though.

http://www.motoroso.com/collectionIt...=52e1fddcab2ff

I do love the look of something like this, if you're really looking to break the bank.

http://www.motoroso.com/collectionIt...=535c55cb67b12

Or maybe these?

http://www.motoroso.com/collectionIt...=52e2067391af0

Quick Reply: Help Choosing Wheels