Tire recomendation for '98 STX

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire recomendation for '98 STX

I am entering the "replacement zone" for the original Goodyear 275/60/17's that came factory on my truck. They only have 40K on them but have always been a dissapointment in wet/snow that I am thinking about new skins before winter hits is St.Loo. I have heard good things about Michelins, any opinions appreciated! BTW, my truck is a 2WD model
Thanks in advance,
Mootie

Old 09-11-2001, 04:49 AM
toyo makes an excellent tire there called proxilles st i had some on my 98 stx and they were verey good in wet weather and they were at a resonable prise too i had mine mounted and balanced for 570$ thats about a 150$ cheaper that the goodyears

Old 09-11-2001, 08:59 AM
I went from the GT II's on my '98 STX to the Michellin Pilot LTX. Total night and day difference. I used to slip and slide all over the place with those GT II's in the rain and snow. Haven't tried the Pilots in the snow yet of course but the rain handling is waaaaaaaay better. I couldn't give you any good reviews on Nitto's, or Toyos, or Pirelli's b/c I haven't owned any. I know Dunlops are good tires though. You could check them out too.

Quick Reply: Tire recomendation for '98 STX