Anyone here have FIRST hand experience between the two?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here have FIRST hand experience between the two?

I'm looking for first hand experience only...no opinions or "i've heard". Please reply if you have ridden in or owned both sets to compare. I have owned MANY different mud tires but never these two.

Compare Nitto Trail Grappler to Toyo M/T for 1. Road noise 2. Better traction on road in deep/plowed snow or ice, wear and balance characteristics.

I beleive Nitto is a branch of Toyo so I wonder what the cheaped out on to make the tire so much cheaper than the Open Country M/T.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience, but I've read hundreds of reviews. Toyo is the parent company of Nitto and they are even manufactured in the same plant. Basically the tires are almost identical in every aspect. Appearance, road noise, off road performance, street performance and treadwear. Pick the one that is available in the size you need, can find the best price on or you think looks better.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:18 PM

^x2

Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 AM
ive had toyos m/t before and love them all around great tire and last a long time too. I will be buying them here shortly once i get back to the states.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the thoughts, I ended up going with the Nitto's strictly because no matter who I called the Toyo's were apparently back ordered for at least 3 more months. Couldn't wait that long. Haha, The truck now is a 2008 4x4 with a HBS 2" spacer (yes the spacer that is advertised for 09+)....for some reason my truck sits perfectly level with that so the 2.5" for my year would have put the front up too high. I threw on 295-70-18 (on stock wheels).

Have had them for a few hundred miles now....i know they will get louder but anything under 40mph I barely notice them. They ride softer over road bumps due to the softer compound (expected) and barely give you the vibration given by some M/T's when rolling under 2 or 3mph. I hear them on the highway but so far it is the quietest M/T I have driven on. Had them in the woods once, on a hill I needed to use 4wd on, no longer needed it. The lugs bite deep into the dirt and rock. Very impressed, well worth the $400 I saved from not buying the Toyo's. Hopefully we will start getting some snow up here soon so I can put them to the test on the slippery stuff!!

Quick Reply: Anyone here have FIRST hand experience between the two?