Tire Pressure For Load Range E

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 02:01 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 01-22-2019, 11:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
That's a scary video, Fifty! My (purchased new) travel trailer came with OEM Goodyear Marathon trailer tires. With less than 5,000 miles on them, they both failed due to internal cord separation. They were inflated properly and I did not drive over 65 mph when towing. I've switched to (higher priced) Maxxis trailer tires and haven't had any tire problems since.

- Jack

Old 03-26-2021, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fishhawk460
Just bought a set of Cooper Discovery AT3's (275/70/18 E rated). After I got home I thought they looked a little soft. I checked the PSI and they were all at 35. This after drving at highway speeds for a couple hours. I thought that was a little low for an E rated tire. I have run E rated before and never had them lower then 45psi. I called Discount Tire where I just bought them and the salesman told me that the truck called for 35psi and it doesn't matter what the rating is. This dosen't sound right to me. Any opinions?

Well, that salesman is truly a dumbass then, brother... With that kind of logic he is using, I guess my Peterbilt’s tires should be only aired up to 35 psi if I am bobtailig without a trailer?? Yea, that would be the LAST time I’d follow HIS advice! All he was doing is covering his ***, because MOST companies have a standard rule, DO NOT LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER OR ANYBODY ELSE... Put however much air the vehicle has listed on sticker on drivers door jam... It doesn’t matter to them if you went and bought 18” wheels and tires from them, by putting exactly what the auto maker suggests, they protect themselves from a lawsuit in case you have a wreck with your new tires a week later & they blame the accident on your faulty equipment!!

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure For Load Range E