22x14 w/ 37x13.5 on a 95 w/ 6" lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not usually a fan of anything bigger than a 16 or 17 on these obs trucks, but this looks cool.
Is there any benefit or downfall of rims wider than tires?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Well let's see here...

You have a offroad winch style bumper on a truck that also has a prerunner bed, with euro tails and grab handles on the cab. Top it all off with those wheels and tires.

Sorry, but it looks like a$$.

Since you asked.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by panda24619
i like it! and the only other place i see wider rims then tires are lowered cars, or in hawaii! it looks great! and the first thing i noticed was the candy cane drive shaft! looks cool!
Haha. Thanks

Originally Posted by 1997bigredf150
Its the tiger blood look
Oh yeh. I'm a rockstar

Originally Posted by IH8ATTN
I dig it, definitely looks different!
Thats what its all about. Personality comes out. Some like some don't. Thats why its my truck. not theres lol

Originally Posted by jlyoung08
looks awesome!
Thank ya

Originally Posted by russo2
Not usually a fan of anything bigger than a 16 or 17 on these obs trucks, but this looks cool.
Is there any benefit or downfall of rims wider than tires?
Thanks. No benefit or downfall. I've heard and people will say theres more of a chance of popping off bead but the tires aren't stretched that much. And there is still a good bit of sidewall there. I've seen 35 13.5s on a 14" wheel and they look a little scary b/c of the less sidewall. I doubt they have any issues for how they use their trucks either.

Originally Posted by GTRider245
Well let's see here...

You have a offroad winch style bumper on a truck that also has a prerunner bed, with euro tails and grab handles on the cab. Top it all off with those wheels and tires.

Sorry, but it looks like a$$.

Since you asked.
Well lets see...I do have a beast of a front bumper, thank you. I do have a great pre runner body. thank you. I do have euro tails and grab handles. thank you. And I do have freakin sweet wheels and tires. Thanks man

Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Unique for sure.

IMO, it would look much better with the factory grille, bumper, headlights, taillights, and without the visors, grab handles, etc.. Everything just looks pieced together, it would make for a cleaner ride i think.

You definitely dont have to worry about passing a similar looking truck while driving down the street.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by DanielH
Unique for sure.

IMO, it would look much better with the factory grille, bumper, headlights, taillights, and without the visors, grab handles, etc.. Everything just looks pieced together, it would make for a cleaner ride i think.

You definitely dont have to worry about passing a similar looking truck while driving down the street.
Amen to the similar part. lol.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like it. I usually hate anything that doesn't have 2x the tire/rim (ie 34s on 17s, 33s on 16s) But your truck makes it work. Congrats!

Now just step your exhaust up lol, it looks like you've got a peashooter under your bumper.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
had a hard time to decide but i love it!! the wide tires and prereunner flares work sick especially from the front!! candy cane shaft is sick too

Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
I like it. I usually hate anything that doesn't have 2x the tire/rim (ie 34s on 17s, 33s on 16s) But your truck makes it work. Congrats!

Now just step your exhaust up lol, it looks like you've got a peashooter under your bumper.
Hahaha. thanks those little peashooters sounds sweet though. I plan on adding some stainless tips soon.

Originally Posted by fine_style150
had a hard time to decide but i love it!! the wide tires and prereunner flares work sick especially from the front!! candy cane shaft is sick too

Well i'm glad the jury is in with a like vote. lol. Thanks. I did that drive shaft 12-13 years ago and it seems to be something that people still love around here.

Quick Reply: 22x14 w/ 37x13.5 on a 95 w/ 6" lift