F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-29/)
-   -   2.5 level kit and 35's....no problem! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes/441673-2-5-level-kit-35s-no-problem.html)

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 11:03 AM

:beers:

dilloncawthon 02-18-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 4502878)
Duh? Really? We all know that....but the fact is someone with 33's will say 33's and so on. This ain't my first rodeo. I know what actual sizes are. Don't make me pull up all the stupid threads over here that say IT CANNOT BE DONE and all the morons that think they have to have a 6" lift to run them.:lol:

Good god dude do you really think I don't know this? The fact is most people don't want 44" tires on a half ton btw:coffee:

So again I will say that 2.5 level kit and 35's will work (trimming will very) and no Major hacking will be involved like you have read here in the past:wave:

well the fact that i could make my tires scrub a little when i had a 6 inch fabtech lift, 35x12.50x18 all terrain tires, and 18x9 wheels with 4.5in. bs makes me think otherwise. i also have a friend running the same size tire on a 6 inch. lift on 20x10s and he had to cut a lot out of the inside of the wheel well.

btw i used the 44's as a reference. it has nothing to do with running them on a half ton, its just a tire size i had that ran almost three inches smaller than the size written on it. they went on my 1 ton blazer.

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 11:46 AM

Well dood I'm running them and I have several people on my site doing the same. Sorry that it didn't work for you but it works great or me and others in this site.

dilloncawthon 02-18-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 4503155)
Well dood I'm running them and I have several people on my site doing the same. Sorry that it didn't work for you but it works great or me and others in this site.

no, you're actually the first person on the site that i know of that says there is no rubbing and didn't have to trim the back of the wheel well.

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by dilloncawthon (Post 4503267)
no, you're actually the first person on the site that i know of that says there is no rubbing and didn't have to trim the back of the wheel well.

NOT ON MY WEBSITE .....we have several .....I have not trimmed the back of the wheel well. I don't know how I can break that down for you any more simply.

This setup with fairly aggressive tires (they are not the most extreme tires you can buy and most daily drivers don't want that anyway) and it works. Plain and simple.

Big_Smokey 02-18-2011 02:24 PM

Maybe you can help this guy out. Heres his post anyway.
33" tires leveling kit and rubbing problems ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey whats up guys i got a question for yinz, i recently went with the BILSTEIN 5100 shocks that have a 2" leveling adjustment in em and added 33x12.50x20 toyo open countrys and thier rubbing on the rear side of the fender anyone else running this set up and come across the same problem ??? i didnt expect to come across this, and my camera died so i cant uplaod pics right now but i got a 2005 F150 STX i really dont want to have too add a body lift or cut the fenders with a grinder but il do whatever i got to do......thanks guys any info would be great

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...-problems.html

TheDesertRat 02-18-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by dilloncawthon (Post 4503148)
well the fact that i could make my tires scrub a little when i had a 6 inch fabtech lift, 35x12.50x18 all terrain tires, and 18x9 wheels with 4.5in. bs makes me think otherwise. i also have a friend running the same size tire on a 6 inch. lift on 20x10s and he had to cut a lot out of the inside of the wheel well.

btw i used the 44's as a reference. it has nothing to do with running them on a half ton, its just a tire size i had that ran almost three inches smaller than the size written on it. they went on my 1 ton blazer.

I am wondering just how much off roading each person does with the leveling kits. I have a 6" Fabtech lift with 325/65/18's (34.88") and I rub just slightly turning into the steep driveway. I have yet to hit any serious trails and I already know that I will rub if I try and turn in full compression. I had a 76 Blazer with 6" of lift and 35's and I tore up the back of my quarter panel big time when I was doing serious off roading. That was with a D60 up front with 6" TC springs too. I would be willing to bet that most trucks with 35's and a leveling kit that don't get off road a lot could make it work. I would bet though that any of these trucks that try a good canyon crawl are going to tear their tires and fender wells up a bit. I am just hoping I don't have to trim too much now even with my lift. Of course I won't be doing anything really extreme in my 07, I have a 78 F150 that I am building for the serious stuff.

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 03:04 PM

My truck is a daily driver not a canyon crawler or a mud bogger....I have other trucks for that. This ones to nice for that. But I do go off road hunting and trail riding etc. I have flexed it out pretty good and I haven't had any major rubbing. I'm sure if you did this and took it to the desert and jumped 10 ft dunes it would rub somewhere.

I go camping and pull my 32 ft camper with it and every thing does just like it should. :beers:

f1504x42000 02-18-2011 04:28 PM

i ran 33x12.5X17X9 baha claws with no leveling kit or any lift other than the factory block. i only had to put a couple washers in the front bumper to push it forward, after that on or off road no rubbing that i noticed. ive been in mud holes up and down hills and never tore up a tire or a fender. if the tire ever did hit the inside of the fender well it was'nt anything to cry about.

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 04:38 PM

^^ preach on bro :beers:

philly164 02-18-2011 04:51 PM

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...lameii-005.jpg https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ear-blocks.jpg

philly164 02-18-2011 04:56 PM

I did rub a little so I trimmed the lower front valance and also added 1/4"wheel spacers and no-more rubbing issues,,I added the wheel spacers just to get away from the upper A-arm a bit more...

TheDesertRat 02-18-2011 05:13 PM

Maybe it depends on the backspacing of the rims. I have a little spot now on my white outer fender where it has black rubber transfer. I don't want to trim if I don't have to though.

philly164 02-18-2011 05:20 PM

that's for sure,,backspacing has alot to do with it!!!!!!!!

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 06:00 PM

Philly your truck is legit :drool: I love it :beers: