F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-29/)
-   -   2.5 level kit and 35's....no problem! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes/441673-2-5-level-kit-35s-no-problem.html)

dilloncawthon 02-17-2011 11:17 PM

^ exactly, the size written on the side doesn't matter at all. i've had a set of 44in. ground hawgs that measured smaller than my 41in. iroks.

according to your tires manufacturer specs its only 34.8ins tall. mount that on a 10in. wide wheel and you're dealing with around a 34in. or smaller tire. the wider the wheel the smaller the tire size will be.

oh and that's no aggresive sidewall.
my side lugs stick out about 3/4in.

http://pcscustom.com/uploads/2/8/3/2...572958.jpg?532

06' Ford 02-17-2011 11:32 PM

Truck looks good man.

My tires are 35x12.50x17 trail grapplers mounted on 17x10 wheels and they measure just a hair past 34.5'' and I had to do some trimming to turn lock to lock and be rough without it rubbing but I have fender flares also which wrap around the bottom also.

DarkShadowSTX 02-17-2011 11:36 PM

Sweet. :thumbsup: Where did you get the Federals from?

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by nw150 (Post 4502543)
the size on the sidewall, and the advertised size on the website, magazine, etc. that you saw it on, is false about 75% of the time. Most tires have an overall diameter that is smaller than the advertised size. most 35's are about 34.8" or somethin like that, sometimes even more than 35". I've seen a 36" tire that was actually 36.8", so basically a 37" tire. same stuff goes with the width. They usually are never the advertised size.

and your sidewall isn't that aggressive. go look at a ss bogger and tell me whats aggressive.

Duh? Really? We all know that....but the fact is someone with 33's will say 33's and so on. This ain't my first rodeo. I know what actual sizes are. Don't make me pull up all the stupid threads over here that say IT CANNOT BE DONE and all the morons that think they have to have a 6" lift to run them.:lol:

Originally Posted by dilloncawthon (Post 4502679)
^ exactly, the size written on the side doesn't matter at all. i've had a set of 44in. ground hawgs that measured smaller than my 41in. iroks.

according to your tires manufacturer specs its only 34.8ins tall. mount that on a 10in. wide wheel and you're dealing with around a 34in. or smaller tire. the wider the wheel the smaller the tire size will be.

oh and that's no aggresive sidewall.
my side lugs stick out about 3/4in.

http://pcscustom.com/uploads/2/8/3/2...572958.jpg?532

Good god dude do you really think I don't know this? The fact is most people don't want 44" tires on a half ton btw:coffee:

So again I will say that 2.5 level kit and 35's will work (trimming will very) and no Major hacking will be involved like you have read here in the past:wave:

Big_Smokey 02-18-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by onewheelneil (Post 4502335)
Yeah,but the rear block is gonna help me keep the ride closer to stock than another leaf.I drive a bumpy ass tow truck 15 hours a day and when I jump in my pick up it better ride decent or its gonna get found in a lake somewhere along the ride home,lol!!!!

If you do an AAL like i did on mine. just make sure its the long leaf. harder to install, but it improved my ride on my 06 lariat. just my opinion. and you wont sag anymorehen you put stuff in your bed as bad.

So testy boys......Somone has to rain on your parade!!! Like you said each truck is a little different. Each leveling kit gives a little different result. with the right wheel tire setup you can get er done. I believe one fella is running 37's with a leveling kit on his stock wheels!. Not sure if he can turn, but he says he can. So there you go. Nice job anyway....SOOOO wheres the muddin pics? No point in getting mudders and having a clean truck is there? :)

quackrstackr 02-18-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Smokey (Post 4502946)
If you do an AAL like i did on mine. just make sure its the long leaf. harder to install, but it improved my ride on my 06 lariat. just my opinion. and you wont sag anymorehen you put stuff in your bed as bad.

Did your long leaf AAL raise the rear any or did it just make the leaves stiffer? I have a feeling that mine is going to look like it's taking a dump when I try to load my ATV into the bed. :lol:

nw150 02-18-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 4502878)
Duh? Really? We all know that....but the fact is someone with 33's will say 33's and so on. This ain't my first rodeo. I know what actual sizes are. Don't make me pull up all the stupid threads over here that say IT CANNOT BE DONE and all the morons that think they have to have a 6" lift to run them.:lol:

Good god dude do you really think I don't know this? The fact is most people don't want 44" tires on a half ton btw:coffee:

So again I will say that 2.5 level kit and 35's will work (trimming will very) and no Major hacking will be involved like you have read here in the past:wave:

well when you post a picture of the sidewall showing the size, kinda gives away that you thought it was a true 35

Big_Smokey 02-18-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by quackrstackr (Post 4502970)
Did your long leaf AAL raise the rear any or did it just make the leaves stiffer? I have a feeling that mine is going to look like it's taking a dump when I try to load my ATV into the bed. :lol:

If you look at my pics of my truck you can see im saggy in the rear. I also had a 3" leveling kit on it with stock blocks. so instead of doing a different block I decided to do the Procomp AAL. After i did it the truck had a little rake back to it, but to me it was just right....maybe 3/4 of an inch. All i know is it rode better and F_ast said the same thing when he did his also. I pulled our work trailer which is a 14' enclosed loaded to the gills a few times. I almost think it squated me less then my bosses superduty. His diesel could pull it tons better though!!!! If i put an ATV in the back of it, which i never had, i bet it would sit about level then.

Big_Smokey 02-18-2011 09:15 AM

it wasnt a stiff ride with the long leaf. but it just didnt seem like the rearend floated around....if that makes any sense at all?!!?

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX (Post 4502704)
Sweet. :thumbsup: Where did you get the Federals from?

Thanks....I got them from nitewolf over on my site....they only had 4,000 miles on them and he went up to 37" Mud Grapps so I snatched these up. They are like new :beers:

quackrstackr 02-18-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 4502995)
Thanks....I got them from nitewolf over on my site....they only had 4,000 miles on them and he went up to 37" Mud Grapps so I snatched these up. They are like new :beers:

Where are you in westtn?

I work in NW TN.

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 10:47 AM

Yes the Jackson TN area :beers:

quackrstackr 02-18-2011 10:50 AM

Cool. I work over in Paris.

westtnfx4 02-18-2011 10:56 AM

I grew up about 20 mins from Paris.....

quackrstackr 02-18-2011 10:58 AM

small world...