Who makes the best chrome aftermarket wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who makes the best chrome aftermarket wheel?

I am just talking manufacturer in general, not a specific style.

Is there a brand out there that has a better chrome job, who has the best fit and finish, least problems with round and balance, etc?

Also, which brands out there should I steer clear of?

I'm finally going to level the truck and put some new shoes on it and I don't want to buy something that I will be regretting a year from now because the chrome starts peeling.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Technical Article Contributor

KMC is a popular brand, but I will warn you there quality of both materials and finish is hit and miss. I have seen wheels failing structurally and/or finishes failing within a year of ownership in certain cases. Many have them for many years with no issues. Just depends I guess.. there quality has drastically improved over the last 4 years though.

I have had great luck with Incubus wheels. They have been on my truck for 5 years now and been through 3 hard winters and still look brand spanking new. No pitting to speak of, no structural deficiencies, nada. If incubus would offer some new styles I would strongly consider another set for my next truck. I do take immaculate care of my vehicle though, and they are detailed twice a year. I'm sure there are others out there with incubus rims who have had similar finish failures, pitting, etc; but I haven't heard of many.

any manufacturer could put on the best finish in the world but if you don't take care of it everything goes to pot in the end. You really can't go wrong with many of the large, well known manufacturers; the hardest choice is finding a wheel you like!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
KMC is a popular brand, but I will warn you there quality of both materials and finish is hit and miss. I have seen wheels failing structurally and/or finishes failing within a year of ownership in certain cases. Many have them for many years with no issues. Just depends I guess.. there quality has drastically improved over the last 4 years though.

I have had great luck with Incubus wheels. They have been on my truck for 5 years now and been through 3 hard winters and still look brand spanking new. No pitting to speak of, no structural deficiencies, nada. If incubus would offer some new styles I would strongly consider another set for my next truck. I do take immaculate care of my vehicle though, and they are detailed twice a year. I'm sure there are others out there with incubus rims who have had similar finish failures, pitting, etc; but I haven't heard of many.

any manufacturer could put on the best finish in the world but if you don't take care of it everything goes to pot in the end. You really can't go wrong with many of the large, well known manufacturers; the hardest choice is finding a wheel you like!
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Who makes the best chrome aftermarket wheel?