Anyone run MT/R's or Duratracs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone run MT/R's or Duratracs?

I'm looking for a set of STOCK SIZED tires for my Lariat scab. Anyone here run goodyear MT/R's or Goodyear Duratrac's in a stock or near stock size? Tell me how you like them, and how you use them. Any pics?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was also looking into the Duratrac's...... anybody???

Old 08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I have the duratrac's, they are a softer tire. But get a grip and are not loud at all on the road. They have a slight hum going down the road but nothing like any of my old mud terrains. I'd recommend them to any and all of my friends. I have about 8,000 miles on mine. I also have another friend that has the duratracs. He as well loves them. If you have any ?'s feel free to ask.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Everyone I know running either tire is extremely happy with them. If you're trying to decide between those two, you should provide more info on what you want out of them because they're both going to be excellent...for their intended purpose. I have the MT/Rs and love 'em. I don't really care hiw they ride or wear though because they look friggin awesome!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys. To be more speciffic...Its on my daily driver family supercab. We do a lot of around town, and a lot of highway trips. We also do a lot of 5 hr rides through snow covered moutains pulling a trailer on often unplowed or poorly plowed highway. Thats why I was thinking duratracs. I was towing with a lifted jeep with MT/R's wich was a nightmare, but atleast they got taction in the hairy snow. I'm torn. Nice highway tires like the Goodyear AT/S that will be great all year, and ok in the winter, or Nasty Duratracs that may take away from the comfy quiet stock truck feel, but will be sure footed in mountain storms? (I know, buy both! Ya, I'm broke sorry!) And in all truth, this truck is my fiance's truck, the jeep is my daily driver, so I'd rather err on the side of caution and not go too agressive on tire.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Duratrac's! I had a set of AT/S's and that was the worst set of tires I've ever had. That set almost prevented me from returning to GoodYear...but the MT/R's are too bad *** to pass on.

You also didn't mention the Silent Armour. You should consider that one...also an excellent tire and not as agressive as the Duratrac.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Duratrac's! I had a set of AT/S's and that was the worst set of tires I've ever had. That set almost prevented me from returning to GoodYear...but the MT/R's are too bad *** to pass on.

You also didn't mention the Silent Armour. You should consider that one...also an excellent tire and not as agressive as the Duratrac.
x2. great in the winter, winter rated and quiet on the highway. wear really good and are awesome. what I really like about them the winter traction. Rarely used 4x4 this winter and even from a stop they just gripped. they look alright too.

this is an average winter road most of the time other then the paved highway.

these tires just go awesome.

Trending Topics

Old 08-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snopro31
x2. great in the winter, winter rated and quiet on the highway. wear really good and are awesome. what I really like about them the winter traction. Rarely used 4x4 this winter and even from a stop they just gripped. they look alright too.

this is an average winter road most of the time other then the paved highway.

these tires just go awesome.

What size are those tires?? and those are 18" rims right?

Old 08-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by pockets
what size are those tires?? And those are 18" rims right?
275 65 18

Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You won't go wrong with the Silent Armors, I run them all year long on my work truck and they have not let me down yet. The MTR's are junk, I have them on my Jeep and hate them. They are loud and handle terrible and I haven't even got to the winter months yet. They do look good and clean well in mud but for the money there are far better mud terrains out there.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 PM
You must be talking about the old MT/R's...I have the new Kevlar ones, and completely disagree with your statements on them...if we're even talking about the same tire.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Snopro....those look nice, and its nice to see someone with experience on those types of roads. I get so confused about these Goodyear tires though...are those the silent armors you have? It seems on tire rack, there are a ton of goodyears that have a very similar tread pattern. AT, AT/S, Silent Armor, AT/S P, they all look close, but some look a little to mild, and the ones like you have look perfect! Can you tell me more about yours? Part #? Model? Load Range? I actually went to town fair tire, and they had four goodyear AT/S's stacked up of the same size, and all had slightly diffenent tread. I asked the pimple face goon about them, and he said they were all the exact same. After getting madder and madder that he couldn't see the difference, let alone explain it, I had to take his hand and make him touch each tire to see where the tread patterns were slightly different. His reply was, 'Wow, good thing we didn't put those on one car!"

Old 08-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by whip
Snopro....those look nice, and its nice to see someone with experience on those types of roads. I get so confused about these Goodyear tires though...are those the silent armors you have? It seems on tire rack, there are a ton of goodyears that have a very similar tread pattern. AT, AT/S, Silent Armor, AT/S P, they all look close, but some look a little to mild, and the ones like you have look perfect! Can you tell me more about yours? Part #? Model? Load Range? I actually went to town fair tire, and they had four goodyear AT/S's stacked up of the same size, and all had slightly diffenent tread. I asked the pimple face goon about them, and he said they were all the exact same. After getting madder and madder that he couldn't see the difference, let alone explain it, I had to take his hand and make him touch each tire to see where the tread patterns were slightly different. His reply was, 'Wow, good thing we didn't put those on one car!"
They are the silent armours.

They have a bigger block pattern compared to the A/TS and from Ive experienced grip better in wet and icy conditions.

Part and model number I am not sure as at the shop I got them from only has the P and LT tire. This is a LT 10 ply. Mileage will drop a little bit cause they are heavier and stickier for the first few thousand miles then it improves.

They are pricey tires though. I paid 300 a piece which is pretty pricey compared to most tires on the market BUT having a warranty is nice from the manufacture which most truck tires don't have any more.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:58 PM
HOLY $@$T...$300 a piece for a relatively popular stock size in that tire?? My big *** MT/Rs weren't that much! I remember pricing the silent armours for my dads 20's and they weren't that much. Where did you get them so we know to stay away.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
HOLY $@$T...$300 a piece for a relatively popular stock size in that tire?? My big *** MT/Rs weren't that much! I remember pricing the silent armours for my dads 20's and they weren't that much. Where did you get them so we know to stay away.
canadian prices.

bfg all terrain useless caking tko's were 350 a piece. WAY over priced

Quick Reply: Anyone run MT/R's or Duratracs?